Upvote 0

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get the xp phones only 20 quid and work excellent with ctx and i use a good backpack to carry wet gear , water , food , batterys and have a bungy cord attached so i can take weight of arm :coffee2:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since getting my 2nd hand CTX (Or 3rd hand rather - Gentile use) - I use a Stereo to AUX Adapter and use ANY and ALL standard 3.5mm Aux headphones. Personally, i love using earbuds. Hoodie On, Ear buds in - just like horse blinders for those spectators who love to watch us in action. Shovel wise, I like my Canon garden shovel with an extendible handle. Small head but perfect for 6-8" plugs. And at 14$, i dont mind replacing every few months. As for bags... Personally I never leave mine anywhere but on my shelf @ home, so no bag needed - And being a larger detector it will require something of decent size.

I have the 11", 17" and Tiny 6" coil - all of which have their place. 11" for standard parks (great depth and stability on most targets) - 17" for DEEP ground or items bigger than small hunks of foil (Minus it loves balled up gum wrappers made of foil) and the 6" trashy park coil. Only gets 6-8" but its AMAZING for separating targets.

All in all.... the BEST tool to get yourself.... The Andy Sabisch CTX 3030 handbook. You are doing a lot wrong if you ONLY read the manual. Gives great tips - super easy read - lots to go off of and if you are already hunting with a 3030 and you read this after - your whole game will change and you will want to revisit ALL previous sites =)

Hope this helps!

Bquamb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread