Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
The Minelab Go-Find 20, 40 60 fold up. I have the 60 and keep it in my 2 seat car.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the price of the ATX...I will just break down ANY detector and shove it in my backpack with the poles sticking out the top. I cannot imagine any situation where somebody paid ATX money for just the fact that it breaks down.

I know you did not imply that....just saying....would be bonkers.

XP Deus folds or collapses down pretty small if I remember correctly. Not Go-Find small....but want to say it does some sort of trickery to make it smaller.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man good replies. I completely forgot about those new affordable minelabs. I'm just going crazy right now cause a few months ago lost my job to budget cuts and this past Monday accepted a new job with a great company so the worlds my oyster now. Take a deep breath Darryl, lol.

Great suggestions guys and your right I wasnt buying just because it folded. I am just wanting a waterproof detector and PI technology really interests me. But really great about those Go Finds.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATX is also HEAVY just so you know...

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab SDC 2300 is rather portable if looking for a PI, Matter a fact about the most portable machine I can think of. Folds up into a small little package

Attachments

• pi.jpg
    pi.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab SDC 2300 is rather portable if looking for a PI, Matter a fact about the most portable machine I can think of. Folds up into a small little package

And the SDC is on sale bundled with a GPX for unheard of pricing. Sell of the GPX if you like and get the SDC for 1/2 price.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great suggestions. I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile but think I really need to step back and actually use the detector i already have. I bought a brand new Fisher 1235-x back in the day and if im honest i dont believe ive even thrown half a dozen sets of 9v through it. A few years ago i made a custom carbon fiber straight shaft conversion for it and wireless headset.

I just thought with all the hunters and modern machines i haven't a chance recovering anything because its all picked already. I don't live in area where there are salt water beaches just some fresh beaches and not a ton. I think i should probably buy some digging tools or even a pinpointer before moving to a new detector. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also look at a couple of Military Mine Detectors:

1. Schiebel MIMID (what I have). Waterproof to 100feet. Foldable to fit in cargo pocket. It is also Pulse Induction. Tested to 10 inches on a nickel, and minescule nuggets. Factory spec is to find a .5cm piece of wire at 19cm depth (the only metal content of a Chinese Type 72 AntiPersonnel Mine).

schiebelmimid1.jpg
schiebelmimid2.jpg

2. Vallon VMC-1 "Gizmo": Pulse Induction and Waterproof.

vallongizmo1.jpg

You also can't beat military mine detectors for sturdy construction. One word: MILSPEC

That should get you started.

Mike

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PC070018.JPG

The Minelab F3 gets pretty darn small and it's waterproof to 10 ft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread