[Deteknix Quest] What your ACTUAL bucket list for 2016?

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for 2016

I want to find

SLQ with a Date hopefully but will take what I can get
Silver seated, Need to find some old spots to hunt :)
Silver Dollar Coin
And more Gold :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a coin shooter, my bucket list contains all the coin styles I have not dug yet. The red number identified the number of styles I have removed from the list

Half Cents 0
Liberty Cap
Draped Bust
Classic Head
Braided Hair

Large Cents 2
Flowing Hair
Liberty Cap
Draped Bust
Classic Head

Small Cents 4
Flying Eagle

Three Cents 0
Silver
Nickel

Half Dimes 0
Flowing Hair
Draped Bust
Capped Bust
Seated Liberty

Dimes 4
Draped Bust
Capped Bust

Twenty Cent
Seated Liberty

Quarters
Draped Bust
Capped Bust
Seated Liberty
Standing Liberty

Half Dollars 2
Flowing Hair
Draped Bust
Capped Bust
Seated Liberty
Barber
Walking Liberty
1964 Kennedy

Dollars 5
Flowing Hair
Draped Bust
Gobrecht
Seated Liberty
Trade
Morgan

and any and all gold coins

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Mines a place not an item. I've gotten permission to hunt my number 1 top bucket list place on my list. It's where I grew up. My 2 brothers and I were alway's outside doin somethin, and I know coins were falling out of pockets everywhere. And as I remember the ground is nothing but clay, so things should still be somewhat shallow. One coin in particular comes to mind, and it's Indian heads. I remember alway's finding them, and Arrowheads. Area had both Indian settlements and Early military presence. Will also be hunting next door, which was my grandfather's house. Legend has it, that it used to be a harbor, and cannonballs and other military articles were found. We shall see..........

One more year and I'll have some kind of Coin Bucket List I'm sure.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Want to find an 1800's Vicky Coin, let it be Nickel, Dime, Quarter or a nice big Half, If I can't find one of those, I think another obtainable would be a few Rings when i start shallow water hunting, and maybe a bit of Scuba If i can. The waters here on the west coast are FREEZING and never get abouve (To you americans ;) ) 60deg F... It's SUPER cold here due to the open ocean and our temps never really reaching above 80-85F in the summer. I AM DEVOTED TO DIG!

fishnnut

Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything seated would be my goal for 2016....still eludes me..

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I actually have to get out more but I've never found anything of signifigance, other than my moms ring for her but i mean out in the field. I'd love to find a gold ring or even an old coin or something related to thr War of 1812.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bucket list for 2016?

To find anything with the Quest Pro that the Garrett machine missed. I have several permissions that I've beat down to iron targets, but the sand is deep here in SW Florida, so I want to find out how deep it really is.
Also, I need to increase my gold finds. Of the 3 rings that I found this year, 2 of them were Honorable returns, no keeping those.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well so far in my legendary detecting career my best find is an 1882ih
hope to find at least some real jewelry on my beach trip this summer
Maybe a solid silver coin up here at home ( INdy)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beach trip? Where-ya goin? Dry sand or wet? I'm thinking there's plenty of finds out there either way...

usually South Carolina, get more signals in dry sand. Yeah I hear of plenty of finds, just not for me so far

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sold the 350 back in May... the AT Pro is where I'm at for now.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No freshwater hunts as of yet, I'd only do that up north given the chance...Gators down here are no joke. No worries submerging the Pro in salt water, the drag is slow, and can get your arm to hang after a few hours.... A tip for that also... the connectors have their O-rings (rubber gaskets)... I used just a little bit of divers silicone to lube up the seals... just to enhance its ability to stay waterproof, along with preventing the seals from drying out. Also a good idea to very thoroughly rinse off the machine after a salt water hunt. There is a touch of rust along the backside screws, but that's on me I suppose. There are a few more tips regarding settings in the water, for future reference of course.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bucket list for 2016?

To find anything with the Quest Pro that the Garrett machine missed. I have several permissions that I've beat down to iron targets, but the sand is deep here in SW Florida, so I want to find out how deep it really is.
Also, I need to increase my gold finds. Of the 3 rings that I found this year, 2 of them were Honorable returns, no keeping those.

How's the Quest Pro been working BWD?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's the Quest Pro been working BWD?

Don't have it yet, but I will do my happy dance when it gets here... hate to think a porch pirate got it... I haven't heard a word from Deteknix.:dontknow:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noodling...HA! Cracks me up to see those good ol' boys go fishing... who was the first guy to say "Hey, I gotta an idea!"

The screw isn't a big deal, as I got no need to mess with the box, as for the silicone, no need to remove it... in fact, I coat the seals every few months... not that I really need to.

SBMatt

Greenie
Dec 22, 2015
Goleta, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I just got my first detector last week, my list is pretty simple. Find something silver, gold, and something from the 1800s. Living in the Santa Barbara area with all the rich people and beaches, I don't think it will take me too long for the first two. I've been doing some research on older areas for the third. Found out there was an old WWII POW camp (Not 1800s but still cool) down the road from me, hoping to get permission to detect that. Also found there was an old 1850s town that is no longer around and is just a field now.

Any tips on getting permission for these? Just drive up and knock? No idea how else to find out who owns the land.

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seated was my bucket list coin for 2015, which I found...but literally everything on it was gone except for the date. I'm going to keep a RECOGNIZABLE seated coin on my list for 2016!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread