minelab X-Terra 705 Vs Garrett Ace 250 Air Test

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an air test video comparing a Minelab X-Terra 705 with a Garrett Ace 250. Now I am fully aware that metal detectors react differently when out in the field compared to in an air test environment and I also know that air test's aren't a true reflection of a detectors abilities, however, I still found them useful when I was looking to upgrade my detector so hopefully other people will also find this video useful. The test is carried out using a variety of UK coins and jewellery. The Garrett retails for around £200 where as the Minelab retails for £450-500 so it's more than double the price so I wanted to know, in a really simple test, how much more sensitive the Minelab would be compared to the Garrett at half it's price.
Anyway, I hope you find the video useful and informative like I found them when upgrading detectors:

Upvote 0

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Grabber. That was a good video. I've been working a colonial site for 4 winters with my Ace 250. I've had great success. After watching your test I am convinced that I am passing over many deeper targets. I have never dug targets deeper than 4-5 inches. I had planned on upgrading to a better machine this year. But, now I am sure that I will get a new one. I hadn't considered a Minelab but it's now on the list. I'm in heavily mineralized dirt with lots of trash (I found the trash dump). Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a little extra to get additional performance. I'm a patient guy and don't mind going through the learning curve. With so many choices out there I'm confused. TreasureX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread