minelab xterra coils

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking into getting a new coil for my xterra 305. I have had an offer from a fellow forum member (an amazinf offer) on a WOT 7.5khz 15in coil. I just cant pull the trigger on the DD coils, I know their strength is in heavy mineralization and here in Minnesota my conditions are much less. From what I read the stock concentric is best for ky soil, but I want more depth and fear the wot dd wont give me that much more gain in my ground conditions.

Id love to get some feedback on what would be a good way to gain a bit more depth, right now I get about 8inches on a quarter (at best), and would like to hit a little deeper. I feel the locations I have are good and I may just be missing the little deeper coins, I want to be able to put a new coil on and get more depth, but I dont know if it will actually give me the gain I seek.

Thanks
Andy

Upvote 0

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently tested and wrote a field test report for Kellyco on the sensitivity at depth of a 15" Coiltek 18.75kHz coil on a Minelab X-Terra 705. Under the test conditions I established in both air and soil, I was able to achieve a significant increase in depth using the 15" Coiltek at a variety of depths. My final word in that report was this;

"Were I to use a Minelab X-Terra 705 on a regular basis, I would definitely augment it with the 15 inch Coiltek coil to increase depth capability. As always, these reported results will vary depending on the environment and circumstances and are not universally applicable to all situations."

Just the view from my foxhole...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread