High End Metal Detectors

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are finding gold bars where are they I will help dig...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! How deep is "really deep"? How big are the bars?

OP
OP
D

dbear123

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! How deep is "really deep"? How big are the bars?
Thanks! Several feet 20 to 50ft is there a reliable detector that can reach those depths? I am not sure how big each bars are.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How are you going to reach those 50' deep bars of gold? Hand digging?

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say if the bars are that deep and you already know where they're at just rent some heavy equipment and start digging.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to Keppy...pretty sure he only uses "top name brand detectors" according to his sig....he should have all the info on hand. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no detector going to see that deep. Have you ever dug a hole only 10 ft deep?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50ft deep... **** you know how hard it is deeping a hole 4-5ft deep?? dude must be trolling, 50 feet... LOL..

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would someone bury them 50' deep? For one thing you would risk someone seeing you dig that giant crater for weeks and give up your hiding spot, then you would have to dig it back up to retrieve it while someone waited to steal it from you. Sounds like an Oak Island mystery.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
dbear , RobRieman is right. Ask yourself how an object is any- more -hidden, whether it's 1 ft deep, versus 20, versus 50 ft. deep . As long as the top ground is covered back up, then what the heck difference does it make to go deeper still? Isn't the purpose of burying to hide it from others? Thus so long as the surface ground is returned to normal, then going deeper doesn't hide it any better. In fact, it makes no sense. I mean, doesn't the person who hid it, intend to come back for it some day ? Have you ever dug a hole 10 ft. deep manually ? Or, heck, 50 ft. ? You're talking all-day work !

I'll even go a step further and say that anytime someone comes on talking of "gold bars" at "3 to 5 meters" (20 to 50 ft) is gauranteed to be superstition, lore, ghost stories, and usually coming from a 3rd world country like Mexico of Phillippines, where 'sure-fired-treasures" are in every cave.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal detectors would not be the favored equipment for those depths. Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is what you need.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top end two-box metal detectors may detect a gold brick at two meters . . . maybe. A dozen large bars together maybe three meters in ideal soil.

50 feet would need magic - like a long range detector or dowsing. Because nothing man made could do it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Top end two-box metal detectors may detect a gold brick at two meters . . . maybe.....

Don't forget , when we think of the word "brick", we're thinking of Ft. knox type "bricks", right ? Ie.: like the type bricks in chimney sized. However, if you've ever seen gold bars ("bricks") of antiquity, they're often the size of Snicker bar size and shape. A single "bar" that size would be too small to be seen by a 2-box. But sure: if you had multiple together, then sure :)

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Several feet 20 to 50ft is there a reliable detector that can reach those depths? I am not sure how big each bars are.

So someone dug a 50ft deep hole to hide gold bars? Seems unlikely! I would think they would hide gold where they can retrieve it WITHOUT help. but more importantly, find it. Even if they knew roughly where they buried it, the chances of finding it, in the bottom of a 50ft deep hole is very slim. You might rethink how you came to this conclusion. But, hey good luck I hope you find it.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just more third-world rumors and legends. If you dig and dont find it, it must have been just a few feet deeper. :laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
So someone dug a 50ft deep hole to hide gold bars? Seems unlikely! I would think they would hide gold where they can retrieve it WITHOUT help. but more importantly, find it. Even if they knew roughly where they buried it, the chances of finding it, in the bottom of a 50ft deep hole is very slim. You might rethink how you came to this conclusion. But, hey good luck I hope you find it.

So true. For some reason though, whenever treasure legends get born (which are all iron-clad true, of course, yeah), they're always of necessity "3 to 5 meters" (9+ to 15+ ft!) deep. If anyone here has ever dug that deep by hand (even in easy-to-dig sand), you'd see this is utter folly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread