Metal detecting newbie.

TetonTrekker

Dec 14, 2015
Jackson, WY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Timeranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've wanted a metal detector since I was a teen. It only took 40 years but Santa pulled through. I now am the proud owner of a bounty hunter Timeranger. It's below zero out and a couple feet of snow in the yard, I feel like a kid that got a bycicle for Christmas and can't ride it until spring.

We do a lot of glamping in the summer. I've looked up the laws in the places we camp, now I need some accessories. What are your favorite must have items?

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I must welcome you to the site. Then I must say Congratulations! Now all you need is a good shovel and a pinpointer. Welcome and Good Luck

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, and to the obsession. I agree with kingskid, I would not spend less than $89 for a pinpointer, unless you can get a great deal on a used garrett. For a finds pouch, I use a nail apron. You can get them for less than a dollar. If your going to dig in fields you can get a short shovel for around $8 to $13, other wise I recommend the Lesche digging tool, it is a must have when hunting many permissions. I also have a pair of knee pads, but I only wear one on my right knee. I am 56 and started detecting in May of 2014.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So awesome, glad you got your detector.:occasion14:

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
CTX 30/30,Whites v3i, Garrett pinpointer, garrett pinpointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gloves are good along with the other items everyone is listing. Get the best accessories you can afford they last longer and are worth the dough, makes recovery quicker and cleaner. You don't want to make big messes when recovering your treasures so people won't think poorly about this hobby we all love so much.

OP
OP
TetonTrekker

TetonTrekker

Dec 14, 2015
Jackson, WY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Timeranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't want to make big messes when recovering your treasures so people won't think poorly about this hobby we all love so much.

We do a lot of outdoor activities, skiing, fishing, camping, glamping, boating, bycicling, hunting ++ we apply this thinking to all. :)

I have a boatload of nice gardening tools. I was hoping to use the gloves and small shovels. I think I'll need one of those knife like digging tools though. I'll be doing a lot of detecting near and in river beds.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and welcome:hello: Definitely get a good pinpointer and digger. Some good gloves are nice to have also. Welcome to the addiction:tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Mojos working

Dec 27, 2015
Marshalltown, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I am new too. Just got a Bounty Hunter 4 to start with. This site and the people seem pretty nice.

Mojos working (In Iowa)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread