Looks like the end, for another year

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can not believe I was Still detecting at Christmas in Michigan, no snow, ground not froze, like concrete. Well it was nice while it lasted rain,today turning to rain/snow/ice mix, tonight and Monday, then temps plunge into the 20's and 30's after that. Oh well better than the last couple Winters, and March is only two months away8-) Hate to put everything away for the year, but I have to research some new spots! First year with the Etrac.................More silver than the last two combined, with the AT pro, in less hours afield ....... old coins (1800's) best year yet! I am sure I have not used this machine to it's full capibilities yet, and it is still a beast:headbang: I am over missing my ATP.................unless it starts raining:BangHead:

Upvote 0

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the weather pattern is still looking like a mild winter. You may be able to get out a few times yet? - I'm still at it here, & Loving this late
season hunting. HH!

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there's going to be a lot of closing up shop/opening back up again this winter for us northern latitude folks. I may just have to pick a date and make some sort of commitment to stopping, just to get done all the stuff I've been putting off in favor of my "last hunt of the season" :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Coop it's nice to hear you are loving the new detector and your increased silver score.:thumbsup: Now is the time to look for old homesteads that are now wooded areas. Dust that ATP off and get in the woods. The ground does not freeze as fast and the tics and other pests are gone. Since I do not have any productive permissions to hunt I will be in the woods later today. I know where 3 homes were that are now part of a state park.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there's going to be a lot of closing up shop/opening back up again this winter for us northern latitude folks. I may just have to pick a date and make some sort of commitment to stopping, just to get done all the stuff I've been putting off in favor of my "last hunt of the season" :laughing7:

I know, I already did it once. Put everything away, got a few nice days.................just had to get back out. Left home without my extra battery pack, only got to hunt an hour...........dead battery.......that's why everything ( accesories) stay in the Jeep most of the Spring, Summer, and Fall

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Coop it's nice to hear you are loving the new detector and your increased silver score.:thumbsup: Now is the time to look for old homesteads that are now wooded areas. Dust that ATP off and get in the woods. The ground does not freeze as fast and the tics and other pests are gone. Since I do not have any productive permissions to hunt I will be in the woods later today. I know where 3 homes were that are now part of a state park.

I know, but most of my old home sites, are open fields now, one in the woods, but I got Poison Ivy so bad, this Spring, I wont go back!!! Love those homesites the Parks buy up. Our Fairgrounds/County Park (over 300 acres) Has about 4 or 5 within it's footprint, it is where I spend 75% of my detecting time,still produces very nice finds, and have never seen another detectorist in three years

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can not believe I was Still detecting at Christmas in Michigan, no snow, ground not froze, like concrete. Well it was nice while it lasted rain,today turning to rain/snow/ice mix, tonight and Monday, then temps plunge into the 20's and 30's after that. Oh well better than the last couple Winters, and March is only two months away8-) Hate to put everything away for the year, but I have to research some new spots! First year with the Etrac.................More silver than the last two combined, with the AT pro, in less hours afield ....... old coins (1800's) best year yet! I am sure I have not used this machine to it's full capibilities yet, and it is still a beast:headbang: I am over missing my ATP.................unless it starts raining:BangHead:

Same here in MA! Was still out yesterday but they may have been the end. Was great while it lasted! HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, but most of my old home sites, are open fields now, one in the woods, but I got Poison Ivy so bad, this Spring, I wont go back!!! Love those homesites the Parks buy up. Our Fairgrounds/County Park (over 300 acres) Has about 4 or 5 within it's footprint, it is where I spend 75% of my detecting time,still produces very nice finds, and have never seen another detectorist in three years

Best to hit those poison ivy sites now, just saying. Being a "lifer" militarily speaking, I always wear long sleeves in the woods, army boots with my jeans bloused and gloves. I have yet to get poison ivy when detecting. If tics are around I also wear a towel around my neck. If they are really bad, I put dog flea collars on each wrist and around the tops of my boots.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best to hit those poison ivy sites now, just saying. Being a "lifer" militarily speaking, I always wear long sleeves in the woods, army boots with my jeans bloused and gloves. I have yet to get poison ivy when detecting. If tics are around I also wear a towel around my neck. If they are really bad, I put dog flea collars on each wrist and around the tops of my boots.

Got there before the leaves were on, in the Spring, Did not know you can get it from the stems, and roots. One hand with no glove, was all it took, What ya gonna do when you gotta take a leak?.......Yep had it there too!!!!

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got there before the leaves were on, in the Spring, Did not know you can get it from the stems, and roots. One hand with no glove, was all it took, What ya gonna do when you gotta take a leak?.......Yep had it there too!!!!

Aaaaaaasrrrrggggh!!! That's a kind of affliction I would wish on no man.

LD, awseome tactics. Never occurred to me to put pet collars on my limbs. I shall emulate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread