How would you rate your MDing 2015 season?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since this is the last day of 2015, I was wondering how everyone did this past year swinging your detector? Was it the best, worst, or average? What was your best find/highlight of the year?

Upvote 0

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering this was my first year MDing...I'd say it was the best so far. :)

My highlights....

Son received a BH Gold Digger for Christmas 2014. Found a 10K gold ring his first day out in January.

My recently sold Scorpion Gold Stinger found 2.2oz of yellow stuff alongside a Keene A52 and some pans.

Joined TNET in Feb!!!

Scored a Bounty Hunter Lone Star Pro for $30 and a Sharp Shooter 2 for $20....both unopened at a garage sale.

Found my first silver....1943 Merc

Found 2 Colorado Tax token form the 30's.

Tons of clad and interesting junk.

2x Hori Hori knives and a Sampson T Shovel

Daughter just got herself a Bounty Hunter Jr. for Christmas.

All 4 family members hooked and loving it.

That was my year in a nutshell......

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was a very good year. I placed second in our club's detectorist of the year, and tied for first with find of the year. (wedding/diamond engagement ring set).

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great year also, not sure of the best find - though I returned a few class rings and that's always awesome!!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Newfie,

I was my first year, but I have to wonder if I'll beat it at all in the next few years. I found over $700 in change, 127 rings, 13 of which were gold, and one of them had 81 diamonds in it, and is MARVELOUS. Kind of a life-time find, thing, I think!

I just upgraded, though, and am beginning the process all over with an AT Pro for 2016! Here's hoping I'll have another great year. :)

I have to ask, with numbers like those, are you retired? I work full time and feel like I detect a decent amount but I can't imagine finding the amount of clad and rings you found. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong places...

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between heavy rains and numerous out of town family commitments I have had little time to hunt this year. Hopefully 2016 will be better and I can get out more.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say my 2015 mding season was bad because I didn't detect all year lol because I didn't have a detector.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! If you do any better than that in '16, I will fall out of my chair!!:thumbsup:
Hey Newfie,

I was my first year, but I have to wonder if I'll beat it at all in the next few years. I found over $700 in change, 127 rings, 13 of which were gold, and one of them had 81 diamonds in it, and is MARVELOUS. Kind of a life-time find, thing, I think!

I just upgraded, though, and am beginning the process all over with an AT Pro for 2016! Here's hoping I'll have another great year. :)

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not voting due to skewing the poll. I was without a metal detector most of the year until mid October so I am back in the game. So hopefully 2016 will be the ticket!

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was feeling good about my first full year until I started reading some of these end of year posts...WOW. I need to get on the computer this winter and do some research for this coming year! Time to step my game up. Man this is a great hobby.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2015 was my best, it was my second season, and any year you pull an 1877 IHP has got to be a great season. :headbang:

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
I rate my last year an F- :(

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015 was a great year in detecting for me. I did not detect as much as I would have liked too, but the times that I was able to get out my finds were very exciting. I did find a lot of clad-it adds up- I like to use it for the parking meters- not as many silvers as I would like but a few good ones 1830 half and 1872 half, couple Barber quarters, 1/2 reale, fat gold ring, 2 gold class rings-neither of which have been able to get back to their owners, thanks for the post. Detecting has become a big part of my non-working time-- when I'm not working I want to be detecting, when I'm not detecting I'm thinking about it, or thinking about my most recent finds or places to detect. There is so much to learn- not only about your machine- but also about the artifacts that we find, or the coins whether they be foreign or domestic-haha. Also about the history of the area or tract of land we are searching on. I think I may have learned more about our history in researching items that I have found, than I did in school. good luck and happy hunting in 2016

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rated my year as average. I think I learned more about my machine and the areas I've hunted, but I didn't get much in the way of keepers. Found my first silver anything this year, a thin, modern sterling silver ring. Also found my first old items of any significance, a dog tax tag and a game token, both from the 1950s. Many of my hunts only resulted in a meager amount of clad. Still waiting on my first silver or even first Wheatie! I've found plenty on seeded hunts, but that doesn't really count.

Between working full time and family life, I don't get out as often as I'd like. My goal for the coming year is to finally find a silver coin. I will have to devote the time to travel to older areas, at least 20-25 miles one way. My part of town isn't that old, established in the late 1960s, so there is little chance to find really old stuff within close distance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread