NEL Attack or Tornado coil for an AT Pro

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I would like to buy a new coil for my AT pro. I have the 5x8 and the stock coil but I was looking for something a little deeper. The two I have been looking at are the NEL 15"Attack coil and the NEL Tornado 12x13 "coil. I am not a "which one should I buy guy" but I would like to hear what you have to say about the two coils on this machine before I put my money down. I have read a lot so far and watched a bunch of videos but thought I would ask the people here what they thought about the two coils. I am leaning towards the Attack coil right now and would like to get one ordered in the next week or so as my play money has a way of vanishing the longer it stays in my wallet. Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was burdened with this same question for MONTHS... I actually decided to go with a Storm... It is the in betweener of the two that you mentioned, and that is why i decided to go with that one, i just figured i would meet them in the middle!! Haha... I didnt get it yet, but i am diguring i should have it sooner than later finally!!!

I can dig it

Mar 6, 2014
KCMO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to get the Storm too. It's kind of in the middle of the big coils. But I'm a little worried because most of the places I hunt are pretty trashy. I guess time will tell if it will be a good purchase or not.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Attack coil on my E-trac and love it for the beach and wide open fields.

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I am thinking like you Aluminum Monster about a coil for every situation. This would be more of a switch up from my 5x8...which I just love. I guess just another tool in the tool box.

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I just bought the Attack coil and I will let you know how it goes when it gets here. I took a sheet of paper and made a 15 x 15 circle and scared myself :) not sure what I was thinking but that is a HUGE coil. Time to start looking at fields where old homes used to be...thanks for the input.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Attack coil actually measures a little more than 15"! Hope you have a strong arm or a sling. Have fun!

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I feel a little silly thinking the Attack was large :) Time to hit the weights and wait for it to come in the mail.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all are sissies. I use these for my detecting. In open fields, I can scan close to an acre an hour, sometimes better, if I can keep my feet out of the way. Recover pinpointing is a snap, too, I just carry an ACE250 for medium pinpointing and a Pro Pointer for recovery. It's kind of a two armed system, but it works marvelously. A little tough in the tot-lots though.

Skippy.

View attachment 1256125
Can you pick up a dime or a small ring with those coils? Who makes them or are they home made?

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use an attack coil on my excal. It seemed big at first but now it looks normal. It's a great coil that goes very deep. If I had an atpro or e-trac I'd probably get the storm coil.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the attack. I ordered it from bart the monday before new years and i havent received it yet. However he shipped but the mail carrier put it under stuff in his truck and never got sent out. Its on its way now though. Im glad bart helped me resolve my issue and i cant wait to give the attack a run at my sites.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROTFL!!! This was just a joke post. :)

I just looked up "really big Metal Detector Coil" and searched for images. I believe someone FAKED these. I think they're super funny though!
I agree, and a few years ago I would have laughed right off the bat, but, there has been some interesting stuff made for detectors recently. There's a local guy who has a huge homemade coil he tows behind his bicycle on the beach!

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the attack coil was here when I got home from work today and there were two chocolate bars in the box as well...FANTASTIC :) It is big so I need to start working on my sling now that I have it on my AT Pro. The weather doesn't look good for the next ten days but I might be able to get out into my backyard and dig some holes on Saturday if we get enough rain on Friday to soften the permafrost. BRING ON SPRING

Attachments

• nel.jpg
    nel.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 113

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine saturday.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread