Aug 26, 2014
Martha’s Vineyard
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking nel as well

Was looking at the nel website and they have the new nel hunter for the atpro. Love the size of the stock coil but would be interested in getting more depth out of her. I just read a few other discussions on the storm and attack coils getting more depth but didn't want to upgrade the size of my coil. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if the hunter is worth it or for more depth do I need to upgrade my coil size. Here is the link. And thanks for your input.
Nel Hunter AT Pro

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMO, the hunter coil is too similar to the stock ATpro coil. I would instead op for the NEL TORNADO, The tornado, i believe is really the next step up from the stock ATpro coil...

OP
OP
Dig-MV

Dig-MV

Aug 26, 2014
Martha’s Vineyard
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks pinball I read that post. I think what I'm trying to say is I love the size of my coil. But the new nel states that for the same size it will get me 20% more depth I trying to figure out if it's worth

PluGGLife

Dec 21, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the tornado for my AT Pro and can tell it goes deeper than stock. I haven't used it much but I found my first gold ring with it at about 5 or 6". The weight isn't too bad. I did some testing with a silver dime and quarter. We have highly mineralized soil so that the stock coil doesn't do well with silver. I can barely get a scratchy tone at 4 or 5 inches with stock. I can get a dig-able scratchy tone with the tornado at 8 or 9". Even deeper with a silver quarter.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Tornado for my At-pro and after about 3 or 4 uses I sold it on craigslist. Even deep in the woods where I've never had any issues with any coils even the slightest touch of a twig would shriek a high tone in my ear. And using it on vacation after a few hours on the beach you start to feel the weight difference in your shoulder for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions