Upvote 0

trsynsh

Oct 28, 2015
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know Flagstaff is way up there, how's the snow Southwest of there, at lower elevations? Here in SoCal we're getting pretty consistent snowfall from about 3,500ft and above.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's heavy snow for at least a 50 mile radius, much further to the southeast as it's all high elevation.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We, on the other hand, are enjoying a very, mild Winter, and very little snow, here in Michigan Snowed twice, for a total of 8 inches! This after Polar Vortex, and record snow, the last two Winters. I feel your pain, it took forever for Spring!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 or so years ago I fell asleep on a Greyhound and woke up in Flagstaff. It was so cold and there was so much snow...it was almost unbelievable.

After arriving in Colorado I was equally blown away that it gets 100+ degrees just 50 miles east of the mountains.

If anybody had told me it got cold and snowy in Arizona....and then went on to say it gets 100+ in Colorado...I would have thought they were bonkers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can swim in your back yard pool in Phoenix in the morning and then drive to Flagstaff and snow ski that same afternoon..

Flagstaff is a nice area....

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been a mild winter here in Ohio it is 45 right now but surpose to get below freezing this next week

Grimcow

May 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Flag also. Got a Tesoro for christmas and my backyard has been too frozen to try it out too much :(

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a bad weekend in the bluegrass state also started snowing Friday morning and stopped sat night. Left us with 22 inches on the ground in eastern Ky. Almost had to use the old Racer just to find our car and truck today.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in az for a long time flagstaff I 17 is awesome I did electrical work the ground was so hard I had to get it wet then use a pick to dig down to bury conduit no joke but gorgeous country lots of history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread