Pulse detector

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find that pulse is especially effective where there is falsing from mineralization that affects VLF. There is video on Youtube where a fellow uses two detectors to find deeper silver in a yard. In a nutshell, he uses a pulse to find targets and marks them. Then he goes back with a VLF with discrimination and digs anything that the VLF cannot hear or says is deep. That way, he avoids the shallow clad and junk. I have not tried this technique, but bet it works.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
canyon, based on your prior posts, I'm assuming this question is geared towards box (cache) type stuff, right ? And specifically the item that is a combined 4 to 6 ft. deep through water and rock, right ? That's important for the context of your current question, because otherwise, OF COURSE persons will tell you they can get "gold and silver" to "deep" depths. Because maybe they're thinking of pulse machines on the beach for coins and rings. Or nuggets where high-powered pulse machines knock the socks off yesteryear nugget machines. So you need to be specific in the types/sizes of "gold and silver" you are referring to.

There is no doubt that some high powered pulse nugget machines, beach pulse machines, etc... will get a cache to tremendous depths. As deep as 2 box or whatever. But the devil is in the details. HEAVEN HELP YOU if you showed up to go cache hunting with some of those machines, and found the site to have clutter, nails, etc.... Because every bit of birdshot, staple, pushpin, nail, foil, etc... will "ring the bells of Notre Dame". The average person simply has no idea how cluttered with junk the average park, lakeshore, homesite, etc.... can be.

Have you given thought to the fact that this treasure story is just embellished camp-fire lore ? Afterall sure-fire treasure stories are a dime a dozen. If you still really believe it's there, just get a 2 box. Like a TM 808.

OP
OP
C

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
used a gemini on this site, site is mineralized so after several minutes of looking around the box goes to a solid beep, I am looking for about 20 pounds of gold in a part wood and part metal crate, I was told where it is by a man who was shown it by the one who put it there, alot of time has passed and it is a very difficult location, that is why I have purchased a maxi pulse and just seeking input because I travel 2000 miles to look for it, I do know it is in a specific area of about 500 square feet, but have to deal with water and rugged terrain. I continue to pursue it from time to time because the story is so close to the source. Also really hard to find good help.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need a Minelab GPZ 7000, a week's worth of classes to learn how to set it up, and a partner to help you pack in extra batteries. I work cheap.

OP
OP
C

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
Exactly what I need "One of Them" Thanks for your service, have coffee every morning with a captain who probably was in the same areas you have been, I will look into your suggestion, like I say my intention was to excavate the entire area if needed, but now I am having a change of heart, fond memories of a #2 shovel are coming back to me.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They don't give those away do they?

Oh sure! You can get a new GPZ, a day of lessons, and a cup of coffee for only $9,999.99

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... after several minutes of looking around the box goes to a solid beep, ...

Me thinks you're using it wrong.

.... I am looking for about 20 pounds of gold ....

Canyon, how's your math ? Convert 20 pounds to ounces. Then multiply through the current spot price of gold. See how much $$ you're talking about. And then tell me the story isn't a fanciful ghost story legend gone awry.

Naturally there's *always* eye-witnesses involved, eh ? And when you FINALLY track down that eye witness (assuming you could), and interviewed/scrutinized HIS story, you would no doubt find out that .... well ... he didn't actually *see* the gold himself. But he got it on GOOD AUTHORITY from the construction worker who saw it. Ok, so you track down THAT guy to interview/scrutinize him. Turns out he didn't actually see it either. But not to worry, because he got it on good authority from his sister in law. Who, when she was a little girl, saw the mysterious men digging a hole, blah blah blah. At what point do you finally realize that it's all silly nonsense ?

The dead giveaway is that it's invariably 20 ft. deep and .... after doing the math, is going to be millions or billions of dollars.

But this is all no doubt falling on deaf ears. I too pointed out the failure of logic and crumbling of stories to my hosts that took me all over Mexico hunting for these "sure fire" treasure leads (that sounded SO GOOD when they spun all the tales from their home country before we left). And no matter how much you point out the failures of the stories, the alternate explanations , or outright silliness, it was to no avail. They just become all the more entrenched, and write you off as a loco americano. And if you show them that there's no signals coming from the floor of a cave, naturally that doesn't mean there's not a treasure there. It merely means your detector doesn't go deep enough. If you dug 10 ft. and still get no signal, that merely means it must be 20 ft. deep. It's never that the treasure isn't there mind you :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
You are probably right I think it is time to scrap the whole thing and go back to nugget hunting. Thanks for the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions