Ive never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

We've all struggled with this, miscellaneous body systems to hold our trash, our finds, our tools. I've tried many, my ex even put together an apron for me and that still didn't really work worth a crap - none of them did. I've one of them Minelab aprons hanging on a belt - lost a piece of jewelry (just pretty) recently, that is a good pouch, but still not suitable. Our friend Pointman mentioned he wore suspenders.

So, I got to looking, started on Azon looking for suspenders ...

81CjakEInlL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good, strong, professional, made for craftsmen.

And then let's connect a belt - yet, what can we do on a belt?

81sjG1adAwL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This all runs about $100, but I'd say a better step towards control, fully adaptable, and super high quality.

Input always welcome!

Actually inviting it!

Upvote 0

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I have that exact one. I forgot where I got it, but it was probably in the mid 1990's. The only complaint I have is that it is not set up for carrying the new carrot-style pinpointers. I have some leather and some thread, and will be rectifying that soon.

I got this leather pouch from a dealer i think in Mansfield Ohio about 20 years ago or longer I also think he wrote a really good book on the Sovereign ..It has a zipper pouch on the front for the good finds and bigger pocket for the junk .. And a place for your digger NO PINPOINT HOLDER I GOT THIS POUCH SO LONG AGO ...NO ONE WAS USEING A PIN POINTER YET................................................................. . View attachment 1260115

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have that exact one. I forgot where I got it, but it was probably in the mid 1990's. The only complaint I have is that it is not set up for carrying the new carrot-style pinpointers. I have some leather and some thread, and will be rectifying that soon.
Yes that is why i use the Garrett holder not many had a pin pointer back then if there was any to be had .. I like it for it is small not much to carry i hate taking a lot of things with me .... A digger a pointer and a detector .. Is all i need i do not need a back pack or a harness i do not use head phones for i like to travel and hunt light..

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a tactical load bearing vest. Pockets for magazines, frags, trash and treasure. Magazine pouches are great for Gatorade.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is only $52 and works awesome.... http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leathe..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0E1FT9V5VY1S1R8R5VVM

My wife and I both have one. We built our own house together from the ground up back in 2008 and abused the hell out of them.

Comfortable...well made...durable as can be. That being said...I could not wait to take it off everyday because even filled with minimal equipment it places extra strain on the shoulders and neck. Swinging a detector all day already does that depending on the weight of detector and size of the man.

I have a US Army dufflebag that fits 2 detectors....extra coils....headphones....6X hand diggers...Sampson shovel....GoPro fittings....water/snacks....etc etc...you get it.

It goes on the ground near me.....hand digger one hip....PP other hip...purple Crown Royal bag for my finds on my belt loop. If I need to swap detectors or coils or whatever.... the dufflebag is right there.

Must be 20+ pounds worth when full....no way that is on my body for a 4-5 hour dig.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using a vest the last 20 years of so. Find it more efficient and comfortable. 14 pockets including to large inside ones. Holds everything I need with pockets to spare. I have a summer and winter version.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked as a refrigeration mechanic for 30 years. I must have a couple of dozen tool bags and pouches, (always looking for the perfect one).
Most of the time now I just carry a 5 gallon bucket. A couple of bags for good and bad finds. If I want a seat, I can turn it upside down while I eat my lunch.
I think I might try heating one side of it with a torch that I have and caving in one side to couture it to my bod. Add a nylon shoulder strap.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been a bit since this thread went whole hog, so here's what I've done so far.

Today I purchased:

019374961374lg.jpg

and an AWP belt for matching to it.

My Minelab pouch fits on the belt but not well. I'm now looking for a pouch.

After all, the season is here :)

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading 4 pages, I am of the opinion that most of you carry too much stuff on your person. A wheelbarrow fills my needs when relic hunting in the woods.:laughing7:
Marvin

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett pouch is perfect for me, and since it was free....
Problem I find sometimes is after a long hunt, it can get heavy, so lately I've been bringing an old sheet cake pan to dump my trash(relics) in...a lot easier to keep the back of my truck clean.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out today with my GBII looking for a property line pin at our rental. Didn't find it in the woods but soon discovered that the older I get, the harder it is for me to get back on my feet from the kneeling position. I think a small bladed digger with a LONG handle is in order.:laughing7: All I found was a few nails, some wire, some barbed wire and a lighter. Trust me, It ain't easy since my Double knee replacement last year.:BangHead:
Marvin

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go lite. I use my back pocket for my pointer and even put my digger in my back pocket most of the time. Since I sharpened my lesche digger I usually put it in the sheath. That is the most I will carry

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bibs are not that much.
I use the Key Brand i customize them buy sowing on a denim hammer holder on the right hand side so the leg utility pockets holds my PP and digger.
On the left side hammer holder i tie on a cloth trash finds bag....good finds in my right hand pocket...cell phone in one top button flap pocket,cigs in the other.
Works well on land...might drowned in the water !
Gary
Unlined Overalls

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out today with my GBII looking for a property line pin at our rental. Didn't find it in the woods but soon discovered that the older I get, the harder it is for me to get back on my feet from the kneeling position. I think a small bladed digger with a LONG handle is in order.:laughing7: All I found was a few nails, some wire, some barbed wire and a lighter. Trust me, It ain't easy since my Double knee replacement last year.:BangHead:
Marvin

"Half the distance takes me twice as long"!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
i'd picked up the AWP harness earlier.

019374961374lg.jpg

Then I picked up the AWP belt with back support.

019374962340lg.jpg

And then the Omegamill Coin Elite.

s-l500.jpg

Used the set-up last week for the first time learning what worked. Then I adjusted it for proper fit, the belt with back support really is cool. But the pouch was in the way of my swing. The Lesche digger will not fit in the loop on the pouch (I've had it in the loop, but too tight a fit, and it snags like crazy). The pinpointer fits fine.

I moved the pouch further around my right side to clear my swing area, and the lesche and its' sheath over to the left side. It is pretty comfortable right now, especially with my lower back - the added support.

Now I just need to go out and use it again to see if there's more adjustments I need!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah... I just use a bucket ...

But just for pulltab hunting.
:P
Lansing+Water-Utility_Robe+(1)0123164.jpg