Ive never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

We've all struggled with this, miscellaneous body systems to hold our trash, our finds, our tools. I've tried many, my ex even put together an apron for me and that still didn't really work worth a crap - none of them did. I've one of them Minelab aprons hanging on a belt - lost a piece of jewelry (just pretty) recently, that is a good pouch, but still not suitable. Our friend Pointman mentioned he wore suspenders.

So, I got to looking, started on Azon looking for suspenders ...

81CjakEInlL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good, strong, professional, made for craftsmen.

And then let's connect a belt - yet, what can we do on a belt?

81sjG1adAwL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This all runs about $100, but I'd say a better step towards control, fully adaptable, and super high quality.

Input always welcome!

Actually inviting it!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why are you carrying so much around with you for goodness sake? Seriously, scale back. A nylon belt with a pinpointer, digger, and bag with a compartment for trash, and one for treasure. Lighten up, this isn't combat!

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very happy with the Garrett Diggers pouch with Pro-pointer AT attached to outside.
Like so:
Garrett_diggers_pouch.jpg

this setup on one side of my hip and a Hori Knife type tool from Orchard Supply for $16.
Works awesome with wet soil.
If dirt is harder, I'll bring my Lesche Shovel.
But that is all I really need for parks and such.

For Nugget hunting it is just my Pick and Green scooper.
Also some crevasse tools, but those are light enough.

Of course I always have a camelback pack on that holds my essentials and water for long days that are away from a car.
But still keeping it as svelte as possible.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you carrying so much around with you for goodness sake? Seriously, scale back. A nylon belt with a pinpointer, digger, and bag with a compartment for trash, and one for treasure. Lighten up, this isn't combat!

lol.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know...
I kinda like this one :P

4620abb5593b45beaf52261793adceb1.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is like my new cookout one...
Only mine is bigger :P
It has Mayo pocket and sauerkraut.

ultimate-bbq-apron-259x300.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mainly hunt permissions in town, My Pin pointer is attached to my leather belt that holds my pants up. I have it mounted above my wallet pocket so it is not on the side to interfere with my detector arm cup. I use a nail apron as my finds pouch. My lesche digger sheath is mounted on the outer side of my right knee area via the top strap to my knee pad. When I hunt fields I have a set of Army Load Bearing Equipment (LBE) consisting of the pistol belt and suspenders, I made this into a make ship swing thing using 2 bungee cords since I normally swing my 12" x 15" butterfly coil in fields. I also have a finds pouch mounted on the left hand side on the pistol belt.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a vest that has lots of pockets for different things. Like a fishing vest. It is made of netting and is not hot in the summer. I like that it doesn't pull on me when I bend over
I where my pinpointer and digging tool on my paints belt like LD. Like this set up but everyone is different.

HH, Relic Nut

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
untitled.png

My girl and I use a pair of these... on and off for years... they came with some x2's ...
Modified slightly of course... removed loops.
The zipper works well after sand and salt over and over.
Hate the color... but hey... they were free.

I have half a dozen belts /rigs.
And Home Depot /dewalt work stuff is ok if you are not really on a beach a lot.
IF so... you will find that the rivets and zippers etc. rust quickly.
And particularly the metal belt clips that are on most stuff from them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1259508

That's the Minelab one I've been wearing lately - and the one I was wearing when I lost the jewelry.

Like I said, over the years I've tried many. I'm retired now - so maybe I'm thinking "combat" and the last one I'll ever wear. As a minimum, I'm getting suspenders.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta use the zipper pouch only for good finds...
use the "inner" one with Velcro for "other finds".... outer on for trash.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta use the zipper pouch only for good finds...

Unfortunately that's the pouch I thought I was putting the jewelry in. I wear a separate belt, my pro-pointer in its' sheath, the Leach digger in its' sheath, and that apron. Walking along detecting, dropping repeatedly for targets, getting back up, inserting trash or treasure in the right place. during this action using the pin-pointer, then the leach, etc. Lot of activity happening and them toys hanging awkwardly.

The reason I started this thread - organization. Maybe better ideas out there somewhere..,

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... what I have found is "individual" stuff is better.
Don't mix items with the pouch for example.
Separate holders for each item you carry helps.
Don't use the ML bag for "tool"s... just use for "found items" only.
Tis what I do.

Mine is strung on a dive belt / dive buckle.
This belt I suggest to all who like to wear your belt tight to prevent sliding down over time...
Easy on and pull tight...
press down buckles for diving can be in ABS plastic OR stainless amongst a few other items.
The teeth do not "give" or slide on a good one.

And retains the "tight" setting by you.
To remove is quick lift ... just make sure you hold from strap end not buckle.
Will last you forever.
Never rusts and holds its shape... does not twist and deform etc over time like most do.

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cq4n1d1384061286604.jpg

Maybe you'd like a Omegamill Relic Elite it has a zipper pocket and a mesh bottom to help rid dirt.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately that's the pouch I thought I was putting the jewelry in. I wear a separate belt, my pro-pointer in its' sheath, the Leach digger in its' sheath, and that apron. Walking along detecting, dropping repeatedly for targets, getting back up, inserting trash or treasure in the right place. during this action using the pin-pointer, then the leach, etc. Lot of activity happening and them toys hanging awkwardly.

The reason I started this thread - organization. Maybe better ideas out there somewhere..,

Just add a nail apron and now you have 2 more compartments for less than a Dollar. Bling on one side, coins on the other & trash and relics in the finds pouch. :thumbsup: :dontknow:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I know your problem.

When I started MD'ing, I've tried a lot of different pouches from nail aprons to whatever. I finally ended up using an old camera satchel that I had lying around and have been using it ever since. It's a Domke F-802 and it's been great! The inner big pocket is wide anough for my Lesche digger, small shovel & trash and the outside has two, velcro-flapped pouches that I use for clad and the good stuff plus my pin-pointer. There's also a back pocket that I use for maps and battery packs and overall, it's very comfortable to carry around on long hunts.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a pouch? what an idea!

I've always had my wife or some random lady( tell them with authority and they comply) just carry my stuff.

But a pouch would sure be quieter

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry, I think it depends on whose neighbor hood you are detecting in and how much protection is needed.

DSCF0194.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread