Advice needed on Fisher 1236-X2

sebbert

Greenie
Dec 25, 2004
Hey guys, i just need some feedback on the Fisher 1236-X2. They have it for 319.95 on http://www.kellycodetectors.com with a lot of extras. would you buy it, or do you see any other nice offer on the same page.
i m planing on relics and jewelry in the goast towns and near mines here in colorado (avon) as well on coins and atuff under the ski lifts...

thanks for help.

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Will say that the 1236X2 is a great detector for most use. It has very good depth in my area, the silencer works real well around powerlines and transformers-it also hels w/mileralized soil. I like that it has an iron null and still operates in all metal although for relics would leave it switched off. The frequency shift is great around other detectors allowing to cut down on cross-talk interference. It's pretty lightweight at 3 lb. It's also hip-mountable which helps lighten the weight even more-less fatigue means more time in the field. The price seems to be dropping as they were selling it for $359. last year. I think you would be happy with the unit but don't just take my opinion-see what else is said. By the way, I just happen to like Fishers in general. One of my 1st units was the old 552, then the 1266, followed by the 1235, then the 1236X2. HH and keep smilin'

OP
OP
S

sebbert

Greenie
Dec 25, 2004
so it doesnot seem to be a good MD? any advice for an alternity?
thanks

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sebbert, It's a good detector for general purpose and competition hunts. It has real ability on relics and is more than enough for silver jewelry and a lot of gold jewelry but if you're talking small gold nugget s then maybe the Fisher Gold Bug 2 is more your liking or look at a detector that has manual ground balancing. In any case, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread