What a few trips of MDing looks like when you dig everything...

markt67

Dec 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda looks like my digs without the change jewelry and other goodies .lol ,thanks for sharing

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was beginning to wonder if it was just me, and the lack of experience on the PRo, but i did pretty much everything so I can't draw a conclusion, yet. Currently figuring I'm just not comin across them. When I do the sound is nice and sharp. I figured it was some sort of learning curve. My son is consistently out hunting me 2:1 either the ACE 350 on clad. I might end up running the AT pro in standard mode (bell tone) for parks. Have any experience with that?

For the first time in 5 years I got told I can only use a screwdriver at a local park yesterday. Maintenance guy saw the holstered Lesche & said "you can't use that here". No signs posted, just a maintenance coordinator on a power trip I guess. I wonder how many hours it would take for all those digs using only a screwdriver, lol. Sucks.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. I successfully avoid this issue with enforcement by proactively noting the ordinance states a probe no longer than 8 inches and 1/4 in width. I know that the ordinance meant cylindrical probe, but it doesn't say that. So I show the the Lesche sideways and state "less than 8 inches long and as you can see it's less than a 1/4 inch steel." I've NEVER had a single person complain after that. I also have demonstrated a few times that cutting a flap is invisible. They like that. The ordinance does specifically state flap cuts are allowed. That helps, too. :)

Are you in Cali? I was not aware of a metal detecting probe ordinance, at least in Riverside County. I could not imagine trying to convince someone that a serrated 7" long Lesche digger is a "probe".

Last edited:

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know about the trash thing lol. For every interesting artifact or coin I find I also dig up a hefty bag full of tin cans and lbs of brass shell casings and lead projectiles. I have a GB2 and unfortunately my iron discrimination doesnt work for sheeot. The fun of the hunt and potential for an amazing find still lives even through the dry spells huh?

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice finds! I know how much work that trash represents, and can appreciate the effort you made to get the good recoveries. That reminds me of my BFO days, kind of in a bad way too. I can't dig like that anymore, and love my discriminator and small coil for trashy places but know I leave a lot behind for folks like you with a lot of determination, though I make some nice finds along the way.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I admire your work on land. THAT I could never do anymore. However I am like you in the water. Dig, dig, dig. If a friend or another hunter finds anything in an area I have hunted, you can be sure I didn't get my coil over it.

Very impressive pile of trash and goodies. Thanks for sharing.

Aimrolyat

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2016
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having an issue, I am a newbie with an 9 function md. I get signals and dig and find nothing. Am I doing something wrong?
I really appreciate any help, Thanks a bunch!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What about the difference between pulltabs and rings! I've noticed that the vdi numbers jump from 52 to 56 or 58 to 62 and its a pull-tab. For the rings i've noticed that the vdi is more stable. Can it be the way to make the difference?

Vince that might be a way. However rings with broken shanks tend to make iffy signals underwater. Not having a screen on my diving machines I wouldn't know what they would do on land. Since I can't bend and dig a lot I pass up rings on land and have pull tabs discriminated out. I don't need the land ones anyway. I can leave them to the younger generation.

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Skippy! Thats a good haul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread