Does anybody have a headphone recommendation?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You get what you pay for. TW is about as cheap as they come. I personally like DetectorPro products. I have Treasure Ears that sell for around $45-$50. They're OK, but tend to be a bit tight. Most better headphones are around $100 or more.

If you wear them a lot, make sure of comfort, which Grey Ghost's or Jolly Roger's provide.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
My vote is for Sunray Gold Pro's from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PHILLIPS SHS5200 headphones

I use a set of PHILLIPS SHS5200 stereo headphones.
Fit BEHIND the head, resting over yer ears, like wearing your sunglasses..., BACKWARDS!
Very lite weight, comfy and cool, and doesn't cause you to sweat, like the more soundproof ones that you see in use.
Also, you can still hear some of the outside-the-phones noises, too! Don't want a charging dog or a hive
of ground-nesting bees surprise you...!

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get what you pay for. TW is about as cheap as they come. I personally like DetectorPro products. I have Treasure Ears that sell for around $45-$50. They're OK, but tend to be a bit tight. Most better headphones are around $100 or more.

If you wear them a lot, make sure of comfort, which Grey Ghost's or Jolly Roger's provide.

I agree with the Detectopro choice. I use the Black Widows and they really cut out the outside noise and have separate volume controls. Grey Ghosts are a tried and proven phone. Check out the cord length on any phone you buy. It should be long enough for you to set the detector down when recovering an object without taking off the phones.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghosts, DetectorPro, Killer Bees, Black Widows are all good headphones..

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased these vintage Japanese Concerto TE 1010 Headphones about 8 years ago at a yard sale for $2 and they are AMAZING!..They were being sold by a man who worked in a recording studio..The sound is crisp and clear and they are very durable considering I`ve been out in the pouring rain with them on......They appear to be from the 1980s...I checked them out on Ebay and a pair was selling for $30 USD....These headphones are better than Garrett and headphones I`ve paid $100 for...Just because they are vintage doesn`t mean they are inferior...Sometimes obsolete technology is better than todays!

100_2939.JPG 100_2946.JPG

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gray Ghost Ultimates! I also had Treasure Wise and even a set of Killer Bee headphones but the Gray Ghost Ultimates are the best IMO. Good headphones aren't cheap and cheap headphones aren't good.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Killer Bees. Gray Ghost
Forgetaboutit! Try these on for size.

Attachments

• 1453940732476.jpg
    1453940732476.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 254

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW........Detectopro will retrofit any of their phones with blue tooth for your cell phone. when my headphones need replaced or repaired I will get that option. Answering my cell timely is next to impossible when detecting.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer Bees. Gray Ghost
Forgetaboutit! Try these on for size.
Do those come in black? If not, I'm not interested.

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NASA Tom uses Koss QZ 99 Best Price on well made headphones. $41 some places online

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both killer bees and detectorpro. The sound quaily is the same, but the killer bees are built better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread