Any Experience with this Bounty Hunter Model from Cabelas?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a Tek Delta 4000 made for Cabela's with a two coil package including the 11"DD. The Titanium is the same detector on sale there for $159, with the 8" coil. The Treasure Hunter Elite is the updated Fratbros process operating at 7.69mhz, rather than the 7.8, which means nothing really. The Titanium for $159 is a great deal.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
typically anything like that is the beginner's toy store variety metal detector. But with that said, today's "toy-store" model is the top-of-the-line model of 1990's. Doh Just like yesteryear's computers or TV's: What you can get for free today, was yesteryear's top-of-the-line :/

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an &$#.

OP
OP
Murphy

Murphy

Nov 28, 2015
South Carolina
typically anything like that is the beginner's toy store variety metal detector. But with that said, today's "toy-store" model is the top-of-the-line model of 1990's. Doh Just like yesteryear's computers or TV's: What you can get for free today, was yesteryear's top-of-the-line :/
Haven't seen many toy stores that sell Guns and Ammo... but hey that's just me :)

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't listen to the elitists Murph. A $399 MSRP detector is not a toy. I don't even consider BH Tracker IV a toy. You'll find everything metal to 8" that he can.

OP
OP
Murphy

Murphy

Nov 28, 2015
South Carolina
Don't listen to the elitists Murph. A $399 MSRP detector is not a toy. I don't even consider BH Tracker IV a toy. You'll find everything metal to 8" that he can.
Thanks.. Like I posted earlier I jumped all over that Titanium deal.. my local store had it in stock, hopefully weather will cooperate and I'll get to try it out this weekend. This being my first detector since I was a kid I think I'll be happy with this one. Already purchased a Garrett Pro Pointer II last month so I'm good to go now. I'll keep you posted on finds. Thanks again

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your a winner, in my book, if you simply get out and enjoy the hobby, no matter what you swing. :headbang: In 2014 I used a TC-1023 and had fun. Being that it only had an 8" coil I decided to upgrade in 2 months to an F4 with the 9" x 11" DD coil in order to get a little deeper. I have dug some old coins at 5" to 7" deep, the detector you purchased would have sniffed them out. :icon_thumleft:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last time I checked the Teknetics Delta was a tried and proven machine and a absolute steal at the price shown.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but it was absolutlely lost on me.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
He lost me also i do not know what he is talking about .. Murphy got a good buy on a good detector.. I do not were he is coming from calling it a Toy store model ... I don't know were he gets, Yesteryears or 90's detector ? He must have been hitting the bottle tonight ...

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:Why do so many machines have Fixed Ground Balance rather than adjustable?
Marvin

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
:dontknow:Why do so many machines have Fixed Ground Balance rather than adjustable?
Marvin
Well i would have to say that there are a lot out there that do not like to GB there detector . When they say turn and hunt they mean turn on and go hunt ..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW Cabela's has sold out of the Titanium detector all ready .. Seems like a lot must have jumped on it when they found out the price they had on it ..

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i would have to say that there are a lot out there that do not like to GB there detector . When they say turn and hunt they mean turn on and go hunt ..
Thanks, I guess these Detectorist haven't MD'd in GA. I can see a detector that has Automatic GB.
M

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey guys, sorry to ruffle feathers, and no, I was not "hitting the bottle" :) Bounty hunters, and the machines they sell at at the likes of Radio Shack, Harbor Freight, etc.... have had a reputation for being beginner models. Ie.: low end. But sure: even to the extent it's/they're not the cadillacs, yet as I said, they will work. If this particular one is the exception to that particular stigma, then I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marvin

It is a cost issue, lower end model metal detectors do not come with manual ground balance, with out the option of a manual ground balance your limiting areas you can easily hunt, there are a lot of areas that auto ground balance just can't handle the minerals and hot soils.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uh oh, watch out there ............ :dontknow:

It is a fact, doesn't matter if it is Minelab, Whites, Fisher, Tesoro or Bounty Hunter model, the lower end models don't come with manual ground balance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread