What is the best metal detector for small items on land?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is more a personal choice as there is NO one detector that is best on land. There are many and the best one is one that has the features that you like. Many like the Garrett ACE 250 and find it easy to use. Others like the Tesoro models and Whites are all good too. I won't list prices as they are many.

alduro

Greenie
Apr 13, 2007
I think there is no best detector, but there are several very good ones. My advice is to keep it simple in the beginning and get to know your detector and how to use it. Then you can decide if you want a White's or MineLab or something.

A Tesoro Silver Micro Max is a good choice, or a Garrat Ace 250. The Garret has more features and is a great value.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Best detector...

The best detector for you to find small items on land is the one you learn and master because todays mid range to top of the line detectors are very good and once you use and learn your detector then you are going to be successful. Depends on who answers will usually state a detector they currently use or the same brand and I believe if you put the time and work into your detector then your going to find whats in the ground. I love the Minelab and could say that is, but have used the DFX, XLT, Ace 250(which I use for clad hunting), 6000di Pro, Sand Shark, Troy X-3, and Classic ID. Any one of those detectors minus the water detector could do what you wanted once learned!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own two tesoros and they love bb size objects. Some times it takes for ever to find em.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Explorer II does well on small items. And Birdman, I have dug small BB's and shot too. They will test your metal as well as your patience. I am going to try my new PI machine at the beach the week of the fourth, now that should teach me a thing or two about patience!

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions