May not seem like much but I think its pretty cool

Murphy

Nov 28, 2015
South Carolina
May not seem like much but I think it's pretty cool

Well as some of you have seen in my previous post a couple days ago I bought a BH Titanium from Cabelas( great deal btw). From what I've seen on here it's pretty much the Delta 4000 in a different skin. Anyway, I had about an hour today after work to try it out for the first time. Read the manual, made a few discrimination adjustments and tests on coins and away I went in my backyard. Now my home sits on the same land that my great grandparents lived on so right away I get plenty of hits. some twisted metal here, clump of lead there, some shell casings ( which were mine). Then I walk over in front of an old fallen in storage barn at the edge of the woods. I get a pretty high hit and start digging and pull out this old thimble at about 8" deep that has Life & Casualty Insurance written on it. Now I know this may not seem like much but I find this so cool. Especially since I know it most likely belonged to my great grandmother.... Yeah it's safe to say I'm hooked now. Can't wait until I get some time this weekend.
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find !! Gotta be more goodies :icon_thumleft:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool does not say enough. All that family history and knowing who it may have belonged to. Imagine what you may learn about your ancestors now. That is way beyond cool. Congrats!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a cool thimble. Looking forward to seeing your future finds.

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Keep it fun and don't get discouraged along the way. A successful detectorist has enduring patience.

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very cool! thanks for sharing and your addiction will grow...........

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. My house is about a100 yrs old and there was a house here before it. My neighbors family use to own the property and he gets a kick out of the things I find. Have found a few toys and things that he remembers but he won't tell me where they buried the money. Lol. It's great to have a connection to your finds. Especially family.

HH, Relic Nut

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May not seem like much but I think it's pretty cool

Great find and great buy also you won't be disappointed with that detector.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are enjoying the Titanium.

Ren

Greenie
Dec 26, 2012
Solano County
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. I'm new to medal detecting and what draws me to it is the history of things that come out of the ground. Some people may see some things that come out of the ground as just things. But I think further, like the thimble you found. The cloths that were worn or how much use it saw in its day. Nice find.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, it is all over for you now, there is no turning back. You've just stepped into ............... the Detecting Zone! Welcome to the addiction:hello:

Last edited:

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find. It must be a great feeling to just hold it and think about you GGM using it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is not always what you find its the thrill of the hunt Good job

Craftygirl

Feb 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the coolest (obviously I craft so thimbles are the best) I have found 3 so far. Two were actually silver and one some other type of metal. I have to dig (no pun intended) them out of storage. I forgot about them. We did a massive clean out of my Husbands great grandparents garage. Nearly fainted with what we found. Coins from the 1800, jewelry both gold, silver and gemstone. I just joined this site because I don't even know where to start evaluating them or who to trust.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread