First hunt of 2016

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry no pics of the .63 cents I saved:laughing7:, but just going to the beach/park in Feb,in Michigan, seeing bare ground, that you could dig in and sand as soft as a July afternoon, I felt like I was cheating. Last year on this day we got blasted with a huge snow storm. Going to be 50 degrees today!! I think my first hunt last year was mid. April, before we could even see grass, let alone recover any targets. I am sure the ground will freeze again, but I am sure diggin this mild Winter!!! Dig when you can, Tnet when you can't

Upvote 0

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our blizzard snowfall of 2 feet here in Maryland from a couple of weekends ago has been slowly melting. We've had multiple days above freezing. Starting to see the edges of grass along streets, pathways, and yards. I have too much going on with work this weekend, so I won't be able to try. Hopefully it keeps up until the following weekend.

I did take a bunch of dug up clad to the bank last weekend. Only $20 worth, so I cleaned them up by hand. First time trying to put dug, cleaned clad through a bank coin counter machine. Worked great, I am happy to report 8-). Sure feels good when you can literally cash in some of your keepers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread