Good water machine that can also hunt land?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm looking to get my second detector and I need recommendations on one to hunt the beach with (in the surf, wet sand, and along the dunes) that can also be used on land. Looking to spend $700-$800 (if that's possible for a water capable machine).

Upvote 0

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Have you checked this site's Classifieds FOR SALE? There's an Excaliber 1000 (one of the best) for $730 delivered. This is an $1100.00 machine. Although it is designed for water, many say it's a Sovereign waterproofed. I only noticed it; I do not know the person or have anything else to do with it. :)

GRB

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Purchased an Excalibur 1000 for underwater detecting. Did not plan on land detecting but thought that it would be easier to get use to on land. I am now hooked and detect almost every day with my Excal. Works great on land but do suggest you get a straight shaft if you get an Excalibur. You can't go wrong with the Excal. Buy the best and cry once.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For land and surf, the Tiger Shark is my choice. Water I use the Excal most of the time, but the Tiger is my back up. If I could only get one, it would have to be the Tiger because of it's weight, long battery life, changable coils, an Warranty. A Minelab Sov GT would work too as it is a land Excal, but you can't drop it in the wet.

If something can go wrong, it will...........

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, a Tiger Shark it is then. I already have a Cibola and love it, so another Tesoro in the family would be a welcome addition. Really appreciate your help.

Bill W.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Excal is a great machine,... It works well in the water (go figure) and on land. The only problem with it on land (and some say in the water as well) is that it is a little heavy and unweildly. That can be solved with a different shaft

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread