Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and yet the same folks crying may vote for bigger govt......go figure...this saddens me as well

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is very difficult not to inject politics into this reply.
I have recently decided that I dislike California so much, I shall try to avoid ever going there again for as long as I (or it's idiotic politicians) live.

HOWEVER, if I should ever need to hire a nanny...

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and yet the same folks crying may vote for bigger govt......go figure...this saddens me as well

Amen brother. I live this dream on a daily basis. One day soon I'm going to cash out all my expensive Cali real estate and live lifestyles of the rich and famous in some small beach community. The super DEMs here can ride that $68 billion high speed rail system straight to bankruptcy court.

Now back to my Jack Daniels on the rocks.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLM won't allow you to detect the desert where the Patton training camps were either.....nor can you carry firearms in that area anymore.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and they keep saying "They're YOUR public lands, enjoy them." Trouble is, there are so many restrictions it is almost impossible! They are fixin' to make 2.5 million acres over in the south east corner of Oregon a national monument also....return ALL federal land to the states!!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ONLY good thing about making the land National Monuments is (hope I am right here) business can not build on the land. But I am sure there is the exception.

DBLDLVR

Nov 24, 2015
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 NEL Tornado, AT Pro Nel Sharpshooter, AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hate her and this isnt the first reason to feel so. I live in Sacramento and the areas where you are allowed to detect in this state is getting smaller and smaller. Theirs bigger dog parks than areas to enjoy our hobby.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well it's ABOUT TIME they stopped all those dirt-bikers, md'rs, etc... . from running rough-shod all over our pristine wilderness. HAARRUMMMPHH . So you all just stay at home now. Never mind that when you're in the middle of the desert (some of those zones they're considering), you're literally in the middle of no where. But don't think that no one's out there ready to pounce out from behind a rock: I will be watching you from drones I have flying over the area .

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody Now

This land is your land, this land is my land
From the California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We definitely need term limits for these Crooks. Feinstein can go suck an egg. Hope I didn't break any Forum rules.:laughing7:

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly it was Senator Frankenstein that had some worthless land that her husband owned, declared a monument so he could sell it at a profit. As long as you have the libtards continually voting the fascists into office, this is what you will get. They also build stairs for easy access and camping grounds on once pristine land. So everyone that is even in a wheel chair can use it. And they have a ranger at every access point to collect money from you for just parking and hiking there. It isn't about preserving anything. It's all about control and money.
Reality must scare the crap out of the libtards. They need a nanny state to save them from too much contact with reality. I know where there is, very likely, a fortune in platinum in California, but I will never get to mine it.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ONLY good thing about making the land National Monuments is (hope I am right here) business can not build on the land. But I am sure there is the exception.

Beans,

Unfortunately. my friend, you don't know People's Republic of California Laws! HAHAHA There used to be an absolutely beautiful stretch of grassy hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean just North of Laguna Beach. It was called Crystal Cove State Park. Now, this land is in between Laguna Beach and Newport Beach/Corona del Mar (if you don't know, some of the most expensive real estate in California). Couldn't let all that prime land go to waste. Now, there are multi-gazillion dollar homes there.
If there is money to be had, California will find a way to tax it!

Almost forgot, there was also a small mobile home lot on the land side of PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). All those people that had been living there for 20 or so years were kicked out. After all, who wants to have a mobile home just 100 yards from your gated community mansion? HAHAHA

Mike

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah. The last thing bankrupt California would need is labor creating businesses.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what happens when people vote and support big government intrusion ! sad stuff

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We definitely need term limits for these Crooks. Feinstein can go suck an egg. Hope I didn't break any Forum rules.:laughing7:

Make it a whole carton and you've got yourself a deal. :occasion14:

BTW: What did chickens ever do to you to warrant this kind of treatment? :laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans,

Unfortunately. my friend, you don't know People's Republic of California Laws! HAHAHA There used to be an absolutely beautiful stretch of grassy hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean just North of Laguna Beach. It was called Crystal Cove State Park. Now, this land is in between Laguna Beach and Newport Beach/Corona del Mar (if you don't know, some of the most expensive real estate in California). Couldn't let all that prime land go to waste. Now, there are multi-gazillion dollar homes there.
If there is money to be had, California will find a way to tax it!

Almost forgot, there was also a small mobile home lot on the land side of PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). All those people that had been living there for 20 or so years were kicked out. After all, who wants to have a mobile home just 100 yards from your gated community mansion? HAHAHA

Mike
Mike, the area you're talking about was called horse pastures. Used to be some of the best diving around. I remember when they first took it over, the golf course had to make a drainage system to contain all the water from the greens. Wouldn't want any fertilizer to run under PCH, down the bluffs and into the ocean (yeah right!). Believe it or not they were required by the state to hire people to hand pull all the weeds & tumbleweeds, no weed killer allowed! BUT if you lived a half mile or so north no restrictions.

Were you around when the trailer park in the cove tried to fight the takeover? They were the only ones that got what their homes were worth. The stables at horse pastures got raped!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread