Filled up the Mason Jar. Since Jan 1 - $76.50 no pennies counted.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking from experience, don't do it on the garbage disposal side! lol. I dropped a penny in there and it jammed the disposal. Took me 2 hours to dismantle it and remove the penny. Or you could replace it and lose your entire bounty : D

Use your wife's pasta strainer when she's not home ; )

Nice work on the clad!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome start to the 2016 season, I agree that it is a hobby that pays for itself, as long as you don't mind clad hunts or you know where to sell your relics and other finds. My problem is I find it hard to sell what I dig. Maybe after my house and yard looks like a recycling center I may have to make a decision. :dontknow::tongue3:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh by the way I rather spend a Dollar at a yard sale or dollar store that hear the old lady see me use her strainer or colander. Lord knows it would be mine from then on and then she'd have an excuse to go buy another one. I try to stay under the radar when I detect and when I am at home around her.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skippy,

Good going on funding the hobby with your finds.....over time it really adds up.

Regards + HH

Bill

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great amount of clad I go to the arboretum here in Ann Arbor MI I could go to the main area and have and find 3 to 4 coins per foot or so I get tired of digging I usually want silver to much digging its a non stop I do like clad but not as bad as silver

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the Man Skippy with funding your hobby because, as you know, "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".:notworthy:
Marvin

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid for and Ace 250, an AT Pro and a Whites Spectra V3i in 2 years. I spent a total of $2099 including my pro pointer and 5x8 coil for my ATP

Yes detecting can pay for the equipment but I have also spent a lot on gas...lol For me it's the thrill of the hunt that counts.

Jenks Oklahoma

Oct 3, 2015
Jenks Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome start to the 2016 season, I agree that it is a hobby that pays for itself, as long as you don't mind clad hunts or you know where to sell your relics and other finds. My problem is I find it hard to sell what I dig. Maybe after my house and yard looks like a recycling center I may have to make a decision. :dontknow::tongue3:

I'm with you Loco I want to keep all my precious treasures and I think they feel the same way. LOL either way I can still see grass in my yard so I'm still in control. Right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread