Garrett soft case--ripped

NMChris

Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally broke down and bought the Garrett padded soft case for my AT Pro. Two weeks later, I noticed that the Velcro flap for the large accessory pocket was ripped for about 8 inches. No matter how gently I try to handle it, the rip continues to widen.

I'm not rough with my equipment, so I expected a little more durability for the price. Does anyone know of a better padded case that would fit my AT Pro, preferably a canvas or heavy duty rip-stop material? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Upvote 0

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like it dry rotted. Call whoever you bought it from and explain what happened.

OP
OP
N

NMChris

Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it's not dry rot. It's a nylon material that's not rip-stop. Once it starts tearing, it just unravels. I was hoping to hear from users of padded cases that are made from a different material like canvas or other heavy-duty material.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the same problem with my Garret case too. I have had the digital camo one less than a year and have several places where the stitching has come loose. Not worth the money in my opinion.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use luggage from Salvation Army, Good Will etc. Some detectors take a longer case like the Fisher F-75, but most will fit into standard airline overhead baggage. Cost is about $6 or less, (paid $2 for one of them), For me breaking the detectors down all the way is still easier than carrying a 5' long bag. Cost is so cheap, I don't mind taking a magic marker to the outside to mark which detector is in what bag.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a Whites gun case style bag and a similar one from Tesoro. Both are a heavy canvas type material and I've never had an issue with them as far a durability is concerned. I'd recommend them highly to any one wondering.
luvsdux

fireaero1

Jul 14, 2012
Gallitzin,pa
Detector(s) used
white eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never liked the soft cases from the beginning. I go to the yard sales,goodwill,salvation army stores and buy the old hard case suitcases. Get the good foam (grey) and spray glue and electric knives and cut my storage holes. I have made about 20 different cases for the m/d hobbyist. You can ship,throw in trunk,etc. no damage, unless you give it to a ape then you should get Samsonite cases. As for the torn one call co and tell them when you bought and the problem. Maybe your not the only one with the problem. Be nice of coarse. I have been in the sewing industry for 47 years. If they won't budge. Take it to a upholster and have them patch it. But only do that after the co. says no. Lets us know how you make out. Tom in central pa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions