New to Detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the hobby! Most people won't want to tell you where their good spots are, so you will have to do your own research. I would not focus on well known parks, those will have been picked over years ago. Look for old out of the way parks, picnic areas, and Schools. The woods area in old parks can be good too, they may have been open fields 75 years ago. Some people like to knock on doors at old houses/farms and ask for permission. This can work, if you aren't shy. It's really hit and miss, some places will pan out, most won't.

Here is a site you may find helpful. It will allow you to compare old aerial pics with modern satellite pics.

NETR Online ? Historic Aerials

Good Luck!

Darkjenn162

Jul 11, 2016
Bartow Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Bartow and am new to the hobby as well. Would love to go hunting with someone :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Daughter has a house in Lakeland. I'll be down there in October hitting the beaches. Good Luck to you! :occasion14:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just there this weekend visiting family. Lakeland has lots of potential for old relics and coins. Look for historic old places via articles, many of the fields and farmlands were used previously for fairs near west Lakeland. Make sure you detect the various water holes springs and fresh water swimming areas, and please dig proper plugs ask for permission and leave the land better than it was before you got there !

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Mi Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.