Any diggers near Winston-Salem, NC? (Triad area)

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for posting this here. I know there is a state specific forum, but it doesn't see much traffic.

Anybody in the Winston-Salem (or Triad) area looking for somebody to occasionally hunt with? I mostly hunt by myself, and I'm good with that, But I think every now and then it would be fun to hunt with somebody else just to shake things up a bit.

Thanks,
Bill

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm about an hour (a bit over) North of you and of Stuart, and my daughter lives in Winston. There's hundreds of thousands of acres South of me up Bull Mountain which granny said used to have a lot of people living back up there. I've only hiked a bit of it once last year, saw a couple of what I thought were home sites. Following World War I all the people died out or moved out from back there. People back there were dirt poor, so relic hunting would be about the biggest attraction. I live on my maternal ancestors farm, have detected this property for 35 years, found a few wheats and one Merc in all that time.

You know it is illegal to hunt W-S city parks there, right? At least that's what I've been told by several.

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im here waiting on my new AT Pro should be here this Thursday....would love to meet up with you. I do have some health issues bad hips, back, knees and wrists etc etc lol

Tom

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it is illegal to hunt W-S city parks there, right? At least that's what I've been told by several.

Greensboro here. Same issue with the parks in Greensboro. Makes it a challenge to say the least.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to clarify for others, there are no laws or regulations that I have found against detecting in the WS city parks. Can't hunt in the County (Forsyth) parks though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread