My Video Review of Deteknix XPointer vs Garrett AT. DO NOT BUY Deteknix!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, yes I did read the entire post but still wonder why you didn't contact the Company and maybe get one that wasn't a lemon'
If I followed your philosophy I would be on a vehicle forum advising not to buy a certain car because of a problem I had.
And yes, I'm happy with my opinion. You and I have a different opinion of how to handle personal problems. I wish you luck.
Marvin

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When something doesn't work to par, the first thing I usually hear is "it must be a defective unit". Same with detectors.

Skippy has pointed, and I have read, other people having the same results. I appreciate the heads up telling me what I "can" expect from the status quo. Personally, my XPointer works flawlessly. So Deteknix "has" the ability to make a good pinpointer. So, in retrospect, the review was educational and not meant to be demeaning. It served it's purpose, and Deteknix is aware. A good example of the community and manufacturer working toward a positive solution. Time will tell, but patience is required.

Just my opinion.

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with the majority and say your pointer is starting to malfunction. When it comes down to it these are all electronics and eventually with or without abuse things wear out and may even have manufacuring error that shortens the lifespan of your pointer. I myself have both the Garrett carrot and pro pointer and both have never failed me in any condition and seem to have great life and durability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread