ace 150 help

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most folks dont read the manual, and they beep and dig. That is ok. If your not digging trash let me know, I have plenty here for you to dig. The way metal detectors work they will also find foil, caps, and tabs. If you do discriminate, you will miss targets. A mid level detector will help somewhat, but you still will miss targets if you do discriminate. Dig it all is a good way to find the coins and rings. Now where you hunt is also important. Try the middle of fields and not around trees, pic nic tables, and trash cans for a awhile to get the hang of the detector. Good luck.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in coin mode, you are discriminating out small gold rings. I prefer jewelry mode, but still dig lots of pull tabs , can slaw, and foil.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With metal detecting digging much more trash than treasure is the norm. There are many non ferrous metals which are themselves valuable and ring up well on a metal detector, such as Aluminum. My ACE 150 rides in my trunk with a Compadre, it is a nice detector discriminates well and goes down 7-8 " on coin sized objects in my soil. Often times i don't need anything else but the ACE 150, keep it in Jewelry mode as suggested by another member and get used to digging trash along with treasure.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig dig dig. The 150 is capable.
Foil range can be thin gold too.
Dig another hundred pieces of anything ,you'll get a better idea of what it can do.
That high tone only hunting is cherry picking. You can do that and still have a junk ratio, though less than now ..but you will miss good stuff by not looking under the junk and confirming what is junk for sure at any depth.
Jewelry mode is good but hunt coins while in it too..
Unless hunting for iron discriminate/notch it out up to foil. Dig low foil on up.
If a modern trashy area your 100 junks to 1 keeper could go up to 3 or 4 hundred junk to one keeper,depending on your qualification of a keeper and who /what demographic used the site.
Or you could have a hunt hard to duplicate with a screamin find.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread