Mixed signals

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a silver hit today that rattled the speakers. It was repeating from all angles and directions. Dug down 12"+ and finally hit an iron plate roughly 14x10 Actually it could be larger, I don't know, but there's white porcelain or something on top. It could be a box? Had to cover it up and run cause it started to downpour fast. Would it repeat like that if there was no silver? It was the best audio tone I've ever heard from my machine. It definitely made me realize the tone differences when it thinks real silver is under the coil. Tomorrow, rain or not, I'm pulling it out. Any ideas? I know the picture suck, but it's the best I have right now.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457582144.748821.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457582188.355205.jpg

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea, but, you'll be the first to know! :laughing7:

Billv

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2016
Latham NY
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had something like that before. Wound up being a big piece of aluminum siding . Good luck

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retrieved an iron, porcelain covered wash tub under similar conditions once.
luvsdux

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled that iron piece out and still not sure what it was. Ended up in the trash pile.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe peice of a cast iron tub or sink, they were covered with porcelain. If so, the porcelain should only be on one side. Trying to ID is half the fun.
Big iron will give you a smoking signal sometimes
HH, Relic Nut

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From time to time I have gotten great hits on my F5. The first time this happened I was sure it was something great. It turned out to be a huge washer about 5 inches in diameter and about a quarter inch thick. This happened a second time so I kind of figured it might be the same thing but it turned out to be a broken off end of a snow fence post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread