Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I wanted to date a nice Oregon redhead, what city should I look in? :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there beaches where thousands go for an Air Show, or surfing of lifeboat contest? Where did ships sink close to shore? You need to research!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do they have the fireworks at any beaches near you for the fourth of July? Now there's a crowd that stands a good chance of delivering you the goods.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
E

ethanmckinley10

Greenie
Dec 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know. i'm pretty sure i get what your saying: your not just going to tell someone on the internet your favorite hot spots of where you have found gold and waste all the hours or maybe even thousands of hours researching and detecting.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest Kite festivals on the coast for groups of people - check coast tourist guides for get togathers.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding drops is directly proportional to the people volume// (with a little consideration to the activity//
The highest volume of My finds Are from A: parking lots used every day often with clothing chenges (Ski area//)--one area I got over 200 coins this fall,
B: kids ball fields (soccer, softball,etc with all summer league use) Fri I did about 50 ' along the left field fence and got 17 coins
C: private driveways at the area used to park--One 35' drive gave up 27 coins Perry

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'd be surprised at just how little you can find even in an area which held a large crowd minutes earlier. It greatly depends on what that crowd is doing.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ethan,

What most are trying to say is NONE of us are in your area. You need to find what beaches are used the most. Then it is a crap shoot. In order to find something it has to be lost. If there are 10 thousand people on the beach and none of them lose anything. Then nothing will be found.

HOWEVER, sometimes finding gold and silver you have to look OUTSIDE the BOX. WHERE was there a beach in the 20's - 50's that people don't use anymore? Where WAS a swim area for teenagers that wanted to get away from the main crowd. Where WAS an amusement park on the shore of the ocean or a lake. Where was an old campsite on a lake?

Go to your local library and find were people gathered. DON'T just follow everyone that look at the present beaches and hopes to find a ring. The fact is that many rings lost now are tungsten, titanium or stainless steel all worth absolutely nothing. You want rings lost years ago.

Sure I hunt places that people gather today. I found 12 100.00 bills folded and laying together on the bottom one day. BUT I don't hit those spots all the time. I find new spots. Spots that no other detectorist have thought of. Spots that nobody even remembers what used to be there.

One one lake I was just zig zaging and hearing nothing till I got a signal then I slowed down. I found what I believe was a church camp at one time. Lots of silver coins, lots of religious medallions and 14 gold rings. That is one of many places I have discovered.

Go out and have fun and don't get discouraged. Sure I come home empty handed sometimes. However, I always have a great peaceful time and enjoy the world around me.

One word of caution. KNOW the laws. On private lakes in Michigan IF a homeowner lets you on, you are allowed on the pie shaped piece of property he owns out to the center of the lake PERIOD. As soon as you step foot on a neighbors part of the water you are trespassing. On public lakes you have access to the whole lake up to the high water mark. So even if the lake is low, you can be out of the water all the way around it. On the great lakes NOBODY owns a beach up to the high water mark. I don't know the laws in your area.

Go out and ENJOY. You can be rewarded if you put in the research or just the time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions