Whos land am I on now?

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Who's land am I on now?

Hi everyone. First off I'm not trying sell anything and I hope this doesn't violate any usage rules, but I came across this app that I thought would be useful to metal detectors and gold prospectors as well as hunters:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459062605.491579.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459062624.321705.jpg
Living in MN means a lot of privately owned hunting land so sometimes it's hard to know if it's private or public land around creeks or gravel pits. I noticed in the premium version you can purchase the state you are in.
I haven't tried it to much but the reviews are high and seems complete. Check it out and may it beep loudly and shine in your pan!

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
oddly, if you are already "on it", for the app. to work (off of gps ?) then, ... aren't you already "on it". So the app. allows you to track down the owner to ask if you can be on it. But wait, weren't you already on it ?

OP
OP
B&E prospecting

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Lol well yes if you waited to look up "where" you are instead of where you want to be. Trespass laws apply even to the ignorant. I was trying to think of a good title for the post.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yes, the title of the thread threw me, and I figured it was working off gps (which is probably one of the options). But yes, it probably works off of entering an address, etc.... there's a few apps like this floating around, and they're good. Although, since it's just working off the county assessor's tax records, then often time, you might only get a corporate shell name , and a post office box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread