AT Pro: What numbers/sounds do you dig deep signals at?

Pgh_Tom

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pretty much dig any repeatable signal.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I agree. Repeatable if it's deep. I do it because I ask, "Why is it so deep?" And those signals where there is no number or depth on the display, dig and dig some more

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it beeps I dig. I am digging depths deeper than my lesche. But 6 inches seems to be a average.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch youtube vids on the AT pro . I have been doing that for weeks as you can watch live digs and see what these guys are saying . I watched a guy with no numbers or marks dig a deep signal and pulled up a 1917 half dollar at 12 inches . He said it sounds good and boy was it .

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are so right Merc, watch all the videos you can and read everything you can. The more you read and watch the more you learn. After awhile you can tell by even a faint sound that the target is worth digging. Don't get frustrated you don't find silver or clad on every deep dig because you won't but often times your ATP will surprise you at how clear the signal is at 8". However often times a really loud and clear signal at 8"+ is a soda can but if you raise your coil 1' or so and still get a good 80+ reading it is probably a soda can

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread