Something I need to share T-Net policies on poster integrity... Does it matter?

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never give up! Great read man, glad you are doing good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I saw your Title I was expecting to Delete .
I totally Misread your intention :unhappysmiley:

What it really comes down to for me is, If I am given unimpeachable proof
of wrongdoing I feel I must act.
If there is Doubt, no matter how slim. I feel that is not proof.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Skippy. I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post. Great responses. Bovine Scat is still stinky though. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our rules are to make the site enjoyable for all members and also to help new members and visitors feel welcome and not afraid to post....

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the rules and if by some way I were to violate them and hopefully I never will I would expect my post to be deleted. I have received so much help and have read so much good stuff on here because of all the great people that use these forums. If it weren't for TNet I would have never turned a casual detecting outing into a real hobby. I have had serious health issues in the past and know how that can effect your mind set but metal detecting is great therapy. Every detectorist I ever met was a nice person except for the fact they never give you any hints on good hunting places...LOL This is the darnedest hobby meaning you can detect for hours wear yourself out and not find a thing but go home happy.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story. Glad everything worked out. Life is fragile. Appreciate every day.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dam Skippy, glad you kept the faith and then decided to take the girly magazine into the bathroom. I count every day as a blessing, my cup is always half full and never half empty. I am a trusting person, and do appreciate Tnet over all the other forums and pages. You meet real people who turn sentences into paragraphs. The wealth of knowledge here and the willingness to share it, makes this a community that I am proud to belong to. :notworthy:

I sure am glad your story had a happy ending. :hello2:

God still has a purpose for you bro

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well said Skippy ! It is sad to think that people go through life feeling like this and I hope if they read your post they seek help... because it is out there. You are correct about not knowing how someone is feeling or what they are going through so a kind word might make a big difference in their frame of mind. I am glad you got healthy and were willing to post this for others to read letting them know they are not the only ones feeling that way. Takes a BIG man...wishing you some serious good karma.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great life lesson........I've had my share of physical adversity also and decided many years ago to just keep putting one foot in front of the other...........

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks skippy nice post--well written and thought out--I have also been married for 19 years--my wife has been sick for all of it--hospitals, doctors, medications, false diagnosis, and yes the depression-poor girl--your story is a little glimmer of hope. Tnet is great for me-I recently lost my brother and it helps to have people that are like minded to chat with, and to share stories with. It's like show and tell from elementary school. I'm glad things turned around for you!! HH and GL

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Skippy,
Thanks for sharing that. To add to your point I am attending college in pursuit of my Masters in Academic Leadership. One of the first things that you learn taking this course is that rarely does anyone set out to actually do harm. While this is a rose colored view of society it is true that perspective is as unique to the individual as their DNA. There are all sorts of reasons people do things and behave the way they do. These can be cultural difference socioeconomic differences or a host of other things that shape the way one views things.
I think the rub comes in when people are passionate about this hobby. Some people on here could undoubtedly be deemed experts and they gained that title through purposeful practice towards earning that title. Whether they are adventure seekers or history buffs or what ever the case maybe the commonality is that they are passionate about what they do.00 When there is a lack of integrity that is like a slap in the face. In college as you progress through your undergrad and on to post graduate studies the criteria for academic writing becomes more stringent. The further you progress towards a mastery of your field the more passionate people become and integrity of material and resources becomes a hot topic. Experts and professors have obtained the title of expert, professors however know that they are dealing with non-experts and are in the field to refine thinking and practice of the individual to the level of expert. Even the smallest slip up has repercussions and the experts can exhibit an array of reactions. The student knows this when they enroll. Academic dishonesty can lead to an expulsion for instance. Never the less even academic dishonesty can have causes outside of the individuals control.
I am sure that some people on here have put in their time and it just burns them up when some newbie comes in and posts a snap shot of a relic or treasure they found online as if they found it. In the end both parties know the truth and what it boils down to is how each individual decides to handle that situation.

Things get intense when passions and motives collide and its human nature to want ones ideas validated through acceptance.

Great post it really got me thinking, and I am glad everything turned out well for you!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread