Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got the small CTX coil a few weeks ago but hadn't coughed up the $185 or whatever it is for the lower shaft (I know, not totally necessary, but it makes coil changes about 30 seconds instead of having to rethread and rebolt), and the aftermarket shafts were on backorder everywhere I checked so I thought I'd try something of my own. This is 3/4" PVC with a wooden square dowel at the bottom to accept the bolt. Painted black, and a little nylon washer to even out the spacing on the coil brackets and it works great. I've had it on for about 3 weeks off and on as I change back and forth between my two coils and it's been working great. I opened up a few inches of the back with an angle grinder for the cable to go up through the shaft, and I could definitely smooth that out to make it look better. It's not necessarily pretty, but it was a little experiment I wanted to try and it works real well.

Attachments

• CAM00853.jpg
    CAM00853.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 203
  • CAM00855.jpg
    CAM00855.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 232
  • CAM00856.jpg
    CAM00856.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice idea, how did you attach the top? The mother of invention saves us money!

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what you're asking... it's held in place by the cam lock on the upper shaft. The pipe is a tiny bit narrow but a single layer wrap of black duct tape adds enough girth for the cam to grab it. The tape only needs to be put where the lower shaft is held by the cam so it's completely hidden inside the upper shaft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread