Local Community College

gourownway

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2007
Hi all,

I"m new here have only had my Ace 250 for about 18 hours. I have been practicing in the backyard however, it's tough to dig back there.

There is a local community college down the street that lets all the local soccor teams use their grass area every weekend for tournaments. I was thinking about going there and playing with the Ace but wasn't sure about the laws. The public are welcome to use their tennis courts, hand ball courts and soccor fields, so my guess is they wouldn't have to much of a problem with an MDer.

Thanks,
JP

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A public community Jr. college, right? Seems that if anyone can go there and shoot hoops, jog the track, or whatever, then consider yourself no different. Just don't leave any marks, divots, mess, etc... Don't stick out or be a nuisance, and odds are, no one cares.

Our local J.C. has given up silver for me. One time they scraped off some of the grass, to make way for a parking lot, and I did well hunting in the scrape. Silver, but only back to '40s/50s stuff unfortunately, as the college lawn only dated to the 1950s.

OP
OP
G

gourownway

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2007
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the response in both forum areas. The JC is public, not a private college. I'm thinking about going over there in a little while. On one end they are digging up an area where I think they are going to add on to their parking lot. I don't know if I'm going to try that area, they have a lot of machinery and I don't want anyone thinking I"m messing with it. However, I am going to give the soccer area a try.

Thanks!
JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread