screen or no screen metal detector for jewelry hunting.

TheGreat420

Greenie
Apr 23, 2014
oakville,ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi . I was going to upgrade from my fisher f4 to a at gold but now i wanted to ask around and see what people say is a good detector for jewelry on land and water. Iv been thinking that i mite go the way of no screen.and go all metal mode.iv used all metal mode on my fisher f4 and done good. Some people have said that the sovereign is a great machine. And i also been looking at tesoro machines for there life time warranty . Im looking to spend around $ 1000 give or take. Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF by jewelry, you are talking about gold, then no. You don't need a VDI detector. You will be digging everything that isn't iron so knowing whats in the ground before you dig is useless.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
+1 what Jason said. If you can grab a sovereign, that would be a good fit for what you describe. Ignore iron and dig all signals.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you mean alloyed gold jewelry (low conductors), then ANY machine is "good for gold jewelry". Just turn down the disc., and you will be gauranteed no lack of low conductors to choose from The much bigger part of the equation, is not the machine or settings, when it comes to gold jewelry. It's WHERE YOU HUNT .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread