Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Do you have any other useless information? I must not have a clue since I didn't buy my son a tracker IV for $150 and it was junk, then dealing with customer service was equally bad. But go ahead and preach on old man

Lot's of people like their Trackers. It's a cheap detector, what do you expect?

Coming into a metal detecting site and telling people that they own "junk" isn't going to make you very popular here.

The Lone Star Pro detects a quarter at almost 10". Obviously that's something you didn't know.

Provide more than just talk.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the new guy shoes a couple months ago and I fully remember the annoyance of buying too cheap and wishing I had not.
Go 200 or 250 for the next step up so you don't end up with something you feel is worthless right after getting it. Go whites brand or fisher f2 or a garrett. You will be ok there.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus anything like those could be resold on ebay for a minimal loss once you decide to move up in strength and performance.

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinion based on your feelings. Im sorry you're so easily hurt. If he's in the buck fifty range then why not recommend an Ace 150? At least there's a display and Garrett's customer service is the best. 10 inches??? Do you have another video you can share? I wanna see how I wasted my $600 on an AT Pro when I could have bought the lone star... Or 4 of them

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults and attacks!

Oldiron, add another $100 to your budget and step up...Lot of choices in the $250 price range...

Last edited:

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand what's going on lately.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes when people say they have $150 it's because that's all they can spend. The Bounty hunters work better than people give them credit. Compared to the ace 150 or 250, they have a 5 year warranty to the Garrett 2 year warranty. Just as deep and faster response with better tones.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had originally bought a bounty hunter and it didn't give much more than 2 or 3 inches of depth most of the time. I know because I was using my at pro along side it to compare. I'm sure there are better models than what I had though.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I had originally bought a bounty hunter and it didn't give much more than 2 or 3 inches of depth most of the time. I know because I was using my at pro along side it to compare. I'm sure there are better models than what I had though.

That's true. The older "muffler on a stick" brand were basic with an old process. The newer BH Pros are the same process as the Tek Greeks. Much faster and deeper and competitive with todays offerings. At the testing site of the video I launched above, the Land Range Pro matches the recovery and depth of the AT Pro and F44, while killing the Ace 250 and Ace 150. Not bad for a $280 detector. And it impresses those in my TN hunt club that spent 2 to 3 times as much on theirs. But it's hard to see those things unless you've actually experienced them, as I have.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confidence in you unit also helps..........TWSS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions