Unbelieveable!! What type of detector is this?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't watch the video because I'm at work. But, someone they did watch it, please tell me that there was a pop top at the bottom of the hole. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that is the OKM eXp 4500.

About 3 months ago I was sent up to Poland to provide assistance on the location of something rather large. Normally Interpol does not get involved in this sort of stuff, but this was a matter of millions of dollars and cultural property. My boss knows that I am very big into MDing and also my PhD History got me assigned to the task even though I do not work in that division.

When I got there I ad half expected to see some fairly cheap GPR units rolling over the small 1 acre area. However there was a German man there that showed up with all the good stuff. He had more OKM products than I have ever seen before. It was a pretty cool trip.

freepistol

Apr 13, 2016
Berwick, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it was going to be an unexploded WWII bomb and I was waiting for it to go boom!
It looks like a radiator to me; not really a precious metal.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an ad for the Makro Deep-Hunter. Everybody knows that large/massive items detect way deeper than coins, but I call BS on that video. On top of that, why is there a modern car radiator that deep?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure know I don't want to dig that deep for junk!! It is a fact that normally people don't bury money or precious items deeper than an arm's length deep so they can return and get it without digging to China. In this country (USA) most caches have been found at two feet or less. Karl Von Mueller was very specific about this.

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is the OKM eXp 4500.

About 3 months ago I was sent up to Poland to provide assistance on the location of something rather large. Normally Interpol does not get involved in this sort of stuff, but this was a matter of millions of dollars and cultural property. My boss knows that I am very big into MDing and also my PhD History got me assigned to the task even though I do not work in that division.

When I got there I ad half expected to see some fairly cheap GPR units rolling over the small 1 acre area. However there was a German man there that showed up with all the good stuff. He had more OKM products than I have ever seen before. It was a pretty cool trip.

Nazi train full of gold in a hill, perhaps? :laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I sure know I don't want to dig that deep for junk!! It is a fact that normally people don't bury money or precious items deeper than an arm's length deep so they can return and get it without digging to China. In this country (USA) most caches have been found at two feet or less. Karl Von Mueller was very specific about this.

Gunsil, you should be given a medal for this post. You're right: Why is it, that any time a cache is concerned, some people assume it must, of necessity, be "6 meters deep" blah blah blah ? I mean, think of it: If someone in antiquity went to dig a hole to hide something, WHAT DIFFERENCE DID 1 ft. versus 6 ft make ? NOTHING. As long as the top was covered from view, added feet deep did NOTHING MORE TO HIDE IT.

And go figure: The feller probably had intentions of coming back to retrieve it at some point, so why make it harder on oneself ?? If anyone here has ever hand-dug a hole 6 ft. deep, you'll know that this is not easy feat ! It's gets exponentially harder , the deeper-you-go. Because in order to keep the sides from caving in, you have to make the top wider, hence more dirt from the sides have to come out, and so forth.

And what's funnier yet; Is that the more valuable a treasure is said to be, then the more deep it must simply have to be, right ? haha

OP
OP
D

Duncan James

Apr 6, 2016
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an ad for the Makro Deep-Hunter. Everybody knows that large/massive items detect way deeper than coins, but I call BS on that video. On top of that, why is there a modern car radiator that deep?
I thought the same thing. Had to be a plant if it was even there to begin with.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nazi train full of gold in a hill, perhaps? :laughing7:

That is the so called theory; nothing was uncovered. Interpol just stood in as an International Verification to ensure that ALL Parties got what legally they earned.

My opinion, chances are Poland will allow it to run through the courts process just long enough to declare the area Historical Property through some sort of past event that took place there; and then all that is suspected will be forfeited to Poland.

Seen this twice in Germany with an American, once in Spain and countless times in Sweden and also in Norway.

Finding a couple million is nothing really, but find some major history with a current value of say 20 million, then you can count on 2 things. First thing is that you will get screwed in Europe and second thing you will be treated like crap and the Federal Historical Ministry will often try to discredit you and press charges.

I saw one American US Soldier who found some really good finds in Germany be treated very badly for this. He did not break any laws at all, he GPS recorded his finds and turned them in right away to the government. I was sent there to watch over the process when the American took the Fed Team out to the site. The Senior Arch for Germany was doing nothing but bad mouthing Americans to me and acting like he was on his high horse until I explained to him that I am an American, he could either address me as Agent or Dr and that I would be filing a report with State & Federal German police on his Nationalistic and Racist views clouding his poorly educated professional opinion.

The a couple minutes later he started running his mouth to a Local German Cop that called me over and told me what he said and then I threatened to drag him out of the forest in cuffs and lock him up for 60 days where I would then file an extension for another 60 days without council because I am too busy to interview him and in the mean time we would have local authorities search his properties and work place and chances are very nasty things would get leaked about him and his wife and kids would catch the bad end socially for it all while he is locked up.

Then I told him the worst part about Americans is we will tell you to your face exactly what we are going to do to you, how it will play out and make sure your country is there to support us as well. That German cop he was talking with was nearly in tears laughing his a** off.

Then the German cop told me a story him self about a local national girl whose father is a cop and she had found 19 kilograms in gold and that the Fed Arch's took it away from her and treated that entire family like crap for it. He said after that German Police got to see the real truth behind the Fed Arch's and they do as little as they can to support them.

But yeah, chances are they will get screwed out of that in Poland. Thats Europe for you, trying so hard to be like the US but still screwing everyone they can in the process so that who ever got over in life can retire in the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread