Minelab Go Find 60

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my story ... I bought my wife a go find 60 the first one worked 22 minutes before it just quit sent it back and 3 weeks later we got a new on .. now that one worked 45 minutes until she plugged in the ear buds then it started falsing so I called minlab and sent it back .. 2 weeks later we had a new one and that one worked until I put batteries in it and that one let it's magic coin smoke out ..lol.. yea it was bad from the factory... so off it went and my wife was ...well lets say she was way madder that a wild cat who's tail was slamed in the door while on fire. I called the people I bought the go find from and when we got the replacement 60 we never opened the box as it was sent back and traded for a treasuremaster. Now I have a Super happy wife who loves her Treasure Master.. in short dont but the go find 60 its junk .. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read more reviews on the Go Find series and a lot of them are saying the same thing. A lot of bugs in the machine that still need fixed.
Patriot- you got anything else available? My boy turns 10, I was looking at the new Ace line up

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. That new Ace 300 or 400 would be good for the same price range. Aces are proven. Most of what I read lately on the Go Find isn't pretty.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. That new Ace 300 or 400 would be good for the same price range. Aces are proven. Most of what I read lately on the Go Find isn't pretty.

I like the collapsibility and think it could be worth $250/$300 if it was a solid machine and they made the coil interchangeable. I'm unsure about the square design as well... I'm going to pick up an Ace

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and it is a specialty machine. Mine works great and it paid for its self by the second trip out by finding some yellow metal for me. Un less you just need the ability to fold up, most of the entry level detectors have more features.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My 9 year old has been using the 60 for a while now, she loves it, finds plenty of good jewelry where the towels normal lay on teh beach. Never had any issues with hers, but then I have never used it.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one that stays in my 2 seater. I mainly use it for hitting parks and tot lots when that urge strikes me at lunch or on the way home from work. I've been happy with it so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread