D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have to send my V3i back to Whites for repairs. I just got it back from being repaired on March 15th and it is going to a blank screen again. I am totally frustrated at this point. It has to be a component failure with a slight possibility of a software glitch.

I think after this I will search for a new detector. I like the V3i but I think I will look for an all around detector to compliment my At Pro. I think I will look for something one step up from my At Pro. I like the ATP and I am dam good with it but I also like the challenge of a detector I can keep learning to use.

Not sure of my budget but guessing in the $1000 range... I mostly do coin shooting and some beach detecting but I have no plans on actually using one in water more than 1' -2' deep

I am going to have to put some thought into this before I jump into something

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a loose ribbon cable...

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It more than the ribbon cable it does more than just power off, sometimes it hums and won't stop until I pull the battery out march other times I have to turn it on and off twice and before it powers up. I just got it back from Whites March 15th and they replaced the screen, the speaker and some other internal stuff and it's back to doing the same thing. I am thinking it's time for a different detector

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It more than the ribbon cable it does more than just power off, sometimes it hums and won't stop until I pull the battery out march other times I have to turn it on and off twice and before it powers up. I just got it back from Whites March 15th and they replaced the screen, the speaker and some other internal stuff and it's back to doing the same thing. I am thinking it's time for a different detector
If it is a loose ribbon cable it can cause a lot of different issues since it isn't completely disconnected...

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that's the case, then it's because White's didn't properly connect it. I am pretty savvy with stuff like that and I really doubt it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's the case, then it's because White's didn't properly connect it. I am pretty savvy with stuff like that and I really doubt it.
Many of the connectors that connect ribbon cables in detectors can pop loose from a sudden jar such as being drooped, FedEx, UPS and postal service are famous for tossing and dropping packages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread