NCNG challenge coin with updated pics

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year I found this challenge coin for the North Carolina Nation Guard.

Side A: PRESENTED FOR EXCELLENCE / ADJUTANT GENERAL OF NORTH CAROLINA

Side B: ENTRUSTED TO PROTECT / COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE

Here are the original pics...

After a month or so, I guess the plastic part dried out and I was able to finally see what was underneath. Thought I would post the updated pics for people doing any future research on these type of coins.

Upvote 0

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the neatest finds I've ever seen. I like artifacts as much as coins. Do you have an idea as to its age?
My son gave me a Navy challenge coin, and it's always in my pocket. I have a fear that someone will find it someday, while metal detecting. lol

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one of the neatest finds I've ever seen. I like artifacts as much as coins. Do you have an idea as to its age?
My son gave me a Navy challenge coin, and it's always in my pocket. I have a fear that someone will find it someday, while metal detecting. lol

Thank you sir. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any information on it. Somebody here at T-Net told me it was a challenge coin.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a really nice find BR2019!

All branches of the military have them. OMGs (outlaw motorcycle gangs) often carry a challenge item too. You are given the specific item by a senior club member (ie: a green marble), and you better have it with you at all times, and be able to produce it upon request.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions