Finally got my first find in sand with my F5

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Previously I had posted that my Fisher F5 didn't seem to like the sand! I readily admitted that it could be user error as well in that when I posted it I was still relatively new to the hobby. This weekend was amazing in terms of weather but sadly I only got an hour or two of metal detecting in on Sunday. In any case I made it a point to determine whether it was me or the F5 that ws the problem on the sand. If you guessed operator error you guessed right. After messing with the setting for Bout 30 minutes and a couple of ground grabs I hot my first hard hit and it turned out to be a charm bracelet. Nothing fancy or valuable bit at least I know the sand doesn't cause n issue with my detector. Also I took my new had made sheath out for its trial run and it function as expected. There's not a whole lot to a Sheth/ pinpointer holster but it was just nice to have a quality sheath on my hip.

Upvote 0

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, you gotta love em. Actually I did get a lot of help from people on here and for that I am very grateful. Actually I think it was just a matter of me second guessing the machine. The hits were initially very faint, on this particular day I had decided that I was digging anything and everything until I found something. Once I found the bracelet I felt more confident and wouldn't you know it the more confident I was with the machine the more hits I got. Of course it was mostly bottle caps but that is better than coming up empty. Which is what was going on before. I'd get a hit dig it and there was nothing there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread