NEW Trowel Sheath and Pin Pointer Holster!!!

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1463255801807.jpg
    1463255801807.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 1463255815147.jpg
    1463255815147.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 1463255827337.jpg
    1463255827337.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 1463255838546.jpg
    1463255838546.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sheath works really well with my garret trowel and pin pointer

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to be a Charter member to sell on T-Net

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops ok disregard!!! Not for sale! my apologies.

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take that down.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks very nicely made, well done. Does it clip to your pants pocket or go onto a belt? I've got a small tool pouch I use for home repairs that you just slide a flap into a pants pocket and it stays there. never thought about that approach for detecting. I personally don't care for the bling on there, but to each their own.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks great.
Leaving the bottom open a half inch or an inch will let dirt pass through.

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relevent chair: Yeah the bottom is open, the stitching on the bottom is decorative. Still a saddle stitch though. You must have made a sheath or two before to know about the need to have the bottom open!

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks very nicely made, well done. Does it clip to your pants pocket or go onto a belt? I've got a small tool pouch I use for home repairs that you just slide a flap into a pants pocket and it stays there. never thought about that approach for detecting. I personally don't care for the bling on there, but to each their own.

It attaches to your belt through a loop there is no belt clip though the back and belt loop portion is lined with a softer leather. My personal sheath doesn't have bling either, just my initials carved in. The Walking Liberty bling is a concho and not an actual coin the beauty of making these things is I can tailor them to suit individual tastes. It has been brought to my attention however that I can't sell these on treasure net, which is understandable. Making a sheath like then tool pouch that you own is possible but it would require a metal clip or some sort of stiffener to be used. Lately I have been working on a small leather pouch pattern that attaches to a belt but has a sheath and pin pointer holster incorporated into the design.
If you think of it send me a pick of the pocket pouch so I can see how it attaches to the pocket. I might be able to shell some of those out.
Thank you for the reply!

Troller.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good, I would just suggest tilting the pin pointer holder because with the pin pointer straight up like that wouldn't a lesche or garrett digger hang over the pin pointer with the offset handle they have making you not able to pull the pin pointer with the digger in there?

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about that too. It wouldn't take much to tilt that holster. The holster would have to be slightly smaller as well. I want to purchase a lesche to work that patern out. The lesche is longer too. Additionally pin pointers that have the analog dials wouldn't fit in the holster. Speaking of pin pointers I have also been kicking around the idea of adding a clip to accommodate landyards. Any thoughts on that?

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful stitching ! makes m thumb and for fingers hurt just looking at it!

Evilpope

Apr 4, 2016
Griffith,In
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, bounty hunter lone star pro, whites trx pinpointer, Garrett ace 400, Garrett pro pointer 2, Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely beautiful,, very nice work

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful stitching ! makes m thumb and for fingers hurt just looking at it!

Lol yea, at first your fingers can hurt a little but after awhile you build up endurance. The hard part is each hole is punched with a diamond shaped awle point. This is done so that the holes are self healing. Eventually the holes will kind of shrink and close around the stitch making the stitch more secure. The stitch itself is amazingly simple but it is the most durable stitch type.

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol yea, at first your fingers can hurt a little but after awhile you build up endurance. The hard part is each hole is punched with a diamond shaped awle point. This is done so that the holes are self healing. Eventually the holes will kind of shrink and close around the stitch making the stitch more secure. The stitch itself is amazingly simple but it is the most durable stitch type.

By the way I stuck myself three times making that sheath. Once with the diamond awle and twice with the dull leather needle. One was at the base of my index finger. The whole finger was sore for three days. But it was worth it.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It attaches to your belt through a loop there is no belt clip though the back and belt loop portion is lined with a softer leather. My personal sheath doesn't have bling either, just my initials carved in. The Walking Liberty bling is a concho and not an actual coin the beauty of making these things is I can tailor them to suit individual tastes. It has been brought to my attention however that I can't sell these on treasure net, which is understandable. Making a sheath like then tool pouch that you own is possible but it would require a metal clip or some sort of stiffener to be used. Lately I have been working on a small leather pouch pattern that attaches to a belt but has a sheath and pin pointer holster incorporated into the design.
If you think of it send me a pick of the pocket pouch so I can see how it attaches to the pocket. I might be able to shell some of those out.
Thank you for the reply!

Troller.

this is a product shot of the pouches I was talking about. basically theres a reinforced fabric flap on the back of the pouch you can insert into your front or back pocket that holds the pouch in place. I didn't think I'd like this setup, but it stays put as long as the pouch is not overloaded and too heavy.
CG_Vne7UgAIvWaq.jpg

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a product shot of the pouches I was talking about. basically theres a reinforced fabric flap on the back of the pouch you can insert into your front or back pocket that holds the pouch in place. I didn't think I'd like this setup, but it stays put as long as the pouch is not overloaded and too heavy.
View attachment 1314842

Hey thanks for the picture. I am going to look into how I might be able to make that work!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like it.