Jokes on me. Help with any ideas on finding these?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
First, pinpointer won't work. Second, how long ago were the items buried? Third, are you SURE these items were buried in the back yard?

Depending on how the flash drive was protected (IF it was) and if it has rained, it may not be any good. No way of knowing. Also, what size is your back yard? Can you see where any digging has taken place?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably the best thing would be to say what area you're in, then see if someone here might be able to offer some onsite help.

I saw on your other post it's a 10' x 10' yard. That's good - small area. Make certain everything is within that area. Then make certain that everything is underground and not hidden in a flower pot or behind a rock.

Do you have a metal detector, or know anyone who does?

OP
OP
M

meow992

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes im sure there out there and maybe a week now? it rained once but the but the ground seems pretty hard now. Im in california. There are places to rent them but i think id like to have one of my own :). Would the bounty hunter junior work? The bullseye trx pinpointer? I dont want a long one, something portable the kids can use to. But strong enough to take care of the job at hand lol. Thanks a ton.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't plan on taking up detecting as a hobby, it would be cheaper to hire an expert to find your lost items. Check out TheRingFinders.com for a member near you. If you plan on detecting in the future, a good machine is needed for a fresh drop of 7" or greater depth. I doubt the Bounty Hunter would be up to the task. Depending on the type of hunting you plan on doing, and your budget, we can make recommendations.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get A Tesoro Compadre 8" coil $165.00

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Normally, I would say you really have to know your machine to find those things, but in an area that small, just dig everything that beeps.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt that Bounty Hunter Jr will give you a beep on something that deep.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's a 10' X 10' yard you could sift it and roll out a brand new yard for a few bucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions