New to the hobby and looking for some tips on using a Whites 5900 Di Pro SL.

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am new to the hobby, but always wanted to give metal detecting a try. Recently I bought a Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl at a garage sale for $10 and so my adventure in to this hobby begins. I am looking for advice on this particular macines functions and ground balancing. It seems to be great in all metal mode and I am using various test coins to practice with. Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you all!

Upvote 0

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I am new to the hobby, but always wanted to give metal detecting a try. Recently I bought a Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl at a garage sale for $10 and so my adventure in to this hobby begins. I am looking for advice on this particular macines functions and ground balancing. It seems to be great in all metal mode and I am using various test coins to practice with. Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you all!

First be sure to get a manual: Manuals

I used Google to find that there are a number of videos on YouTube and some threads on TNet show up.

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buy for $10!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Give White's a call, if you can not find a free online version of the manual for your 5900. They have manuals for most discontinued models, including one for the 5000 I found several months ago.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That is akin to the 6000 Di pro. Except that the 5900 lacked auto-track . Thus would not be good for the wet salt beach. Good land machine though. Even though somewhat dated, there is still a loyal following of guys who loved their 6000 Di pro's (and the 5900 ).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread