Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As an independent member of the Kellyco Test Team, I've had the real honor of working closely with the great folks who man the Kellyco Repair Center and I'm here to tell you they are some of the most dedicated and capable people I've ever had the privilege to know.

Some background on how the current team evolved. Minelab and Nokta thought so highly of the potential and talent at Kellyco, that they were named as the official repair center a few years ago. However, when Barry, Kellyco's main tech, died suddenly and unexpectedly a few months back the repairs were in real danger of quickly backlogging to an unacceptable degree. Barry's brother Dave, Kellyco's chief engineer, unhesitatingly threw himself into the mission with all the devotion of the old Navy man he was...and still is I might add. Having trained Barry in the first place, Dave is a world wide recognized expert on all things related to metal detectors.

Partnered with Marty, the lead customer service representative who tests every unit in order verify and validate the repairs prior to return, these two tackled that daunting task with unparalleled dedication. As a team, they devoted untold hours stretching into many an evening and weekend in order to delete that backlog and meet the expectations of all their customers who were depending on them to return those machines to a first class operating status. As machines continually come in for repair every day, that same dedication I've seen over these many months never subsides in the least.

Watching this from the outside and many times from the inside, I can say without reservation that Dave and Marty continue to surpass the challenge in every regard. These two are both first class detectorists themselves and thus personally can and do empathize with those who send in their beloved machines for “doctoring.”

Let me now mention the third leg of this professional team–the little lady behind the scenes–Jimla who handles all the invoicing and shipping tasks. Both her tangible and intangible contributions are immense and her smile is ever present to brighten even the most demanding of days! In fact, she brightens everyone's day every day without exception and in truth, Dave and Marty could not do what they do so well without Jimla...period!

As in all customer service operations, there are challenges that prove frustratingly difficult to overcome. However, with this trio the challenges are met with a sense of complete dedication to mission accomplishment. Even if it takes a little longer than you would like some times, you can rest assured that the effort and results are a top priority with these guys! You're not only in “good hands” as the saying goes, you're in the best of hands!

Believe me, I've observed this operation up close and can say without reservation and as an independent witness, this team ranks right up there at the top with any I've seen in my 24 years of Army service and 13 years as a Program Manager and Vice President of a major corporation.

A sincere salute of appreciation and respect from my foxhole goes out to Kellyco and its most professional repair team!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear and well written Col. Dan.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonelDan, Thankyou for your service. I have seen in the past week or so a number of posts by you that reflect towards different detectors and Kellyco. I have always had the impression that endorsements were allowed as long as they were personal. It appears that those many posts are approaching a full fledged shill operation. I have no real opposition to Kellyco and I do business with them. This approach if allowed should now open the door for all of us to go ahead and endorse those other sponsors on the same scale without interruption. I again have no problem with personal endorsements but on this scale it is a bit to much. Again I say thankyou for your service.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonelDan, Thankyou for your service. I have seen in the past week or so a number of posts by you that reflect towards different detectors and Kellyco. I have always had the impression that endorsements were allowed as long as they were personal. It appears that those many posts are approaching a full fledged shill operation. I have no real opposition to Kellyco and I do business with them. This approach if allowed should now open the door for all of us to go ahead and endorse those other sponsors on the same scale without interruption. I again have no problem with personal endorsements but on this scale it is a bit to much. Again I say thankyou for your service.

Bowwinkles, your post is out of line and borderline attack on a member, Dan is an independent tester for Kellyco, he writes his reviews as an independent reviewer giving the plus and minus of anything he reviews based on his observations, he does not write his reviews to sugar coat or push a product for Kellyco nor is he paid by Kellyco for his reviews..

This thread was posted by Dan as an outside observation since he has visited the repair center numerous times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bowwinkles,

As to your reference of my efforts possibly being a shill operation for Kellyco, please let me assure you that I am an independent entity. I am not an employee of nor receive remuneration for what I do. I am strictly a volunteer. In fact, when I first started this effort, I made it clear that I wanted no pay or job with Kellyco. I am fully retired and do not want to incur any such obligations in that regard. I very much like and covert my retired status. 8-)

The Repair Center is a totally separate function within Kellyco and has no role whatsoever in my testing program. They neither select the items to be tested nor do they influence or direct in anyway the established conditions, the methods under which those items are tested and they most certainly have absolutely no say in what I report...verbal or written. The first time they even see my reports are upon publication. In other words, they see them the same time you do.

In fact, Kellyco itself has never even tried to influence how I test, how I report or what I report. Were they to do so, the whole concept of an independent test element would be negated and I would withdraw from that role. They asked me as a user to tell them what I thought of any tested item and that is exactly what I do—pro and con. Were I to do otherwise would be a compromise of integrity and purpose. I have no obligation to or financial interest in any of those items, retailers or manufactures and can therefore report it all just as I see it from my foxhole.

Now having set those parameters, I posted the above on the Repair Center because having seen their operation, I was impressed by their efforts...nothing more; nothing less. I've always been impressed by dedication to the mission and a well performing team effort...which are always the critical keys to success for any organization...military or civilian. When I'm impressed, I like to tell others about what I've seen or experienced so they too may have some level of confidence in that team. It's just as simple as that. :icon_thumright:

I hope this reassurance has served to assuage your concerns.

Soldier on...

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Customer service is probably the most important concern to all buyer's. I deal with Kellyco also, and have never been disappointed. I'm sure all the other companies that advertise here also have great customer service departments. ColonelDan's review of Kellyco concrete's my view of the company, and he is obviously not affiliated with them.

Bow, this makes you look like a "Troll" for a competitor. If so, it's a shame. If not, review to your heart's desire about a competitor. Your post is a waste of text.

My suggestion would be, the next time you see a post by ColonelDan, "Don't read it":dontknow:. Pretty simple.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just seen in the very first line of his post he states he is a member of the Kellyco test team. That alone shows his association. I have no issue with the poster, It was the message in combination with his own admittance in the first line as to him being "associated".This to me gave the impression of being independent a new meaning. Sorry for the impression, I definitely have no association with any metal detecting sales/dealings at all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just seen in the very first line of his post he states he is a member of the Kellyco test team. That alone shows his association. I have no issue with the poster, It was the message in combination with his own admittance in the first line as to him being "associated".This to me gave the impression of being independent a new meaning. Sorry for the impression, I definitely have no association with any metal detecting sales/dealings at all.

Any member who receives detectors, equipment or anything from a company for testing purposes is associated with the provider, that does not mean he works for nor is paid by the company. You don't get the equipment to test without buying the equipment unless your part of a test team, a company needs to know they will get their equipment back and the review will be an honest, INDEPENDENT opinion. The optimum word is INDEPENDENT as Dan stated he is in the third word of his post.....His reviews are INDEPENDENT, no different than testing products for any company as an independent unpaid reviewer... Dan stated from the start he is "independent member of the Kellyco Test Team"

You post is out of line because you implied Dan is a shrill....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread