Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder where the hash has been these days?

Truth,
Hash was my favorite. Blond Lebanese was my choice.
They make some concentrates that are very similar.
I tried mixing leftover pot dust (keef ... is how pronounced) with some concentrates.
It turned out pretty good. The taste was close to the old days.
Not quite the same though :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gelato..trimmed up this morning..(this is untrimmed)

gelato 071621 (1).jpg

As a medical patient, I grow a few plants a couple times a year.
When I add up the power cost, nutrients, soil, etc. it still comes out
cheaper, and much better, than dispensary bud.

Truth,
I tried mixing leftover pot dust (keef ... is how pronounced) with some concentrates.

Bought a gram of what was supposed to be hash at the dispensary,
and once opened I found it was just a gram of loose, flavorless keif. :BangHead:

breakfast.jpg

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Shouldn’t have to smoke 3 bowls, one pull should do it. I miss those days, long ago. It must be me or my tolerance level, I’m not a big smoker but I’ve not been impressed by any product from a local dispensary, or any herb grown by friends or acquaintances. I’m not a novice, back in the early 80’s I was growing beans direct from Nevil Schoenmakers @ Cannabis Castle in Holland. Some others I know are saying the same thing lately about potency.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,

Yeah I could get grams of Keefe down here in Louisiana but man I just can?t get my younger days with some good hashish and drinking it was even more pleasant

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth,
It was the red or the black (ate 10 grams of black one night)
I was one serious blonde after that.
The knives in the drawer were blued.
The coil ring stove burner had a slight bend
The thickness of the oil was the best, stuck a big old sewing needle in the one grammer
Shake it off it was yours, can't take out the $$$
Gee how 4 decades pass so quickly.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this how they?re making hash these days or is this what the youngsters are calling earwax?

Butane honey oil (more commonly known as BHO) has been around
for about 20 years (that I know of). Butane extraction is probably the
standard for most of the oils you can buy at a dispensary.

In the wrong hands it can be a very dangerous process, as when
extracting the oils from the bud there is butane gas all around
the work area, and all it takes is one spark and....you're toast.

Made it a number of times myself using just the bud trimmings,
but it's very hard on the lungs and sinuses when smoked. Don't
care for it much anymore.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the red or the black (ate 10 grams of black one night)
I was one serious blonde after that.
The knives in the drawer were blued.
The coil ring stove burner had a slight bend
The thickness of the oil was the best, stuck a big old sewing needle in the one grammer
Shake it off it was yours, can't take out the $$$
Gee how 4 decades pass so quickly.

That's not how it works.
First of all just eating hash or just a nugget won’t get you high at all if it has not been heated it to 200 degrees. This is a scientific fact! Both a raw nuggets and/hash have the compound THCA not THC like many believe. THCA isn’t psychoactive and can’t give any psychoactive effects until the “A” molecule has been removed.
If your hash wasn't decarboxilated before you ate it then what you experienced was psychosomatic or you had something else in addition to the hash.
Smoke it, don't waste it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not how it works.
First of all just eating hash or just a nugget won’t get you high at all if it has not been heated it to 200 degrees. This is a scientific fact! Both a raw nuggets and/hash have the compound THCA not THC like many believe. THCA isn’t psychoactive and can’t give any psychoactive effects until the “A” molecule has been removed.
If your hash wasn't decarboxilated before you ate it then what you experienced was psychosomatic or you had something else in addition to the hash.
Smoke it, don't waste it.

Speaking from experience yes you can get high eating or inserting raw hash, but it requires close to a gram of good hash, a small piece will not work, it is also a totally different high from smoking it. To make a gram stretch farther, crumbling it and browning it in a dry frying pan then inserting it in gelatin capsules to be eaten later works great, but be sure you space out taking the capsules, if not careful you will take a 2nd one thinking the 1st one wasn't working and then the first one kicks in after taking the 2nd one, now you have to hold on, this happened to me at a Jethro Tull concert.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking from experience yes you can get high eating or inserting raw hash, but it requires close to a gram of good hash, a small piece will not work, it is also a totally different high from smoking it. To make a gram stretch farther, crumbling it and browning it in a dry frying pan then inserting it in gelatin capsules to be eaten later works great, but be sure you space out taking the capsules, if not careful you will take a 2nd one thinking the 1st one wasn't working and then the first one kicks in after taking the 2nd one, now you have to hold on, this happened to me at a Jethro Tull concert.

lol. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn’t have to smoke 3 bowls, one pull should do it. I miss those days, long ago. It must be me or my tolerance level, I’m not a big smoker but I’ve not been impressed by any product from a local dispensary, or any herb grown by friends or acquaintances. I’m not a novice, back in the early 80’s I was growing beans direct from Nevil Schoenmakers @ Cannabis Castle in Holland. Some others I know are saying the same thing lately about potency.

MOST are hung up on just "potency"... and it seems that the overall quality is overlooked.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of hash... anyone else ever do "hot knives" ?

Hash just brought back a few memories of my youth days. heh

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The reason it worked was because the hash was heated or in other words decarboxilated. You're not going to get high just by eating a lump of unheated hash.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Searched for Grandma hitting kid with spoon.....
Microsoft Bing , might not be the best search engine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread