Advice

BrandonR

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just started metal detecting yesterday and got a couple hours in yesterday and today. I am using the new Ace 200 that came out last month. However, I get a lot of chirps when I use all metal and full sensitivity. If I turn down the sensitivity I still get chirps here and there but when I go back over the same spot they dont sound again. Any advice for just starting out or videos would be appreciated. Especially on learning what settings to use and sensitivity etc. It has 3 discriminations which are All metal, Jewelry and Coins and 5 sensitivities.

Upvote 0

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Welcome to the forum, Brandon.

You want to find repeatable signals. Repeatable means that they are consistent. They are always there, as opposed to the chirps that you hear.

You want to run your machine as 'hot' as you can without the machine being unstable.

Too many chirps, turn down your sensitivity.

A few is OK, if you run at too low on the sensitivity scale you will not have maximum depth.

Every site is different, so this is an adjustment you may make often.

You probably should run in coin mode for a few days to get used to hearing good targets, but to each his/her own.

It will soon become second nature, and you will never look at a patch of dirt the same again.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you run the sensitivity too high you will get falsing. Just by hitting a standing dandelion will cause a false signal, swinging over a rut or brushing against and acorn with your coil when you swing will also cause false signals.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be checking out youtube videos like this one, if you did not get a dvd with the detector package.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread